• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

Moose

Bob R said:
Please add to the hiking threads.

Speaking of hiking..Mrs. R mentioned the other day at work about maybe a hike on the 29th. Mrs. Moose is up for it. We climbed Whiteface (in the Whites) a couple Saturdays ago - that's about it since my Gulf of Slides trip in April. Lets try to make it happen.

johnnymountain

Website
www.tripcart.com
what up good people

hey all-

just wanted to duck my head in and say hello. i'm originally from athens, georgia, usa - i've been travelling around for the past seven or eight years. i was a peace corps volunteer in uzbekistan for two years and after that i lived in sweden, tokyo, and now in israel. i love hiking and being anywhere that i can't see anything manmade (other than my shoes). thanks for having me.

best,
johnny

educey

Hello group! Just got back from vacation. On June 30 we went up Hunt Trail (Baxter State Park - Katahdin) until the lighting chased us down. Made is as far as the top of the boulder field. 2.8 inches of rain that day turned Hunt trail into a good sized stream for about a mile. Next day took AT to Abol Stream Camp ground and called it quits. Too much gear (too heavy) = foot problems)

SkiDork

andyzee said:
Welcome Dork, you a skier?

Nope - this is a pic of my fave downhill aparatus:

steelrunnersledslarge.jpg

Thor

Hello Everyone!

Hello,
my Name ist Thorsten and i am from Germany. I was told about this side from a friend, who is an us-soldier here in Germany.
I love hiking and snowboarding for many years. my next trip to the austrian alps starts next month in August.
I will send fotos of my trip.
Greets,
Thor

skiprob

Greetings

Hello All,

I have recently joined the 'Zone' and wanted to get rid of that pesky reminder that I have never posted anything yet.

I live just south of Albany NY (Bethlehem) with my wife and three young children.

Besides my day job, I work as a snowsports instructor at Jiminy Peak in MA. I am PSIA (Poor Skiers Imitating Austrians) Certified Level I Alpine.

I took the gig because I was struggling with how to afford being a skiing family. I ended up working with some super cool people and have embraced the mountain lifestyle - on a part time basis. Based on how much I work at keeping us all skiing, I imagine that I would have enough experience to write a book. I'll call it "Art of the Scam".

Long term, I hope to stave off the negative effects of old age and working in an office until I retire and adopt the lifestyle full time. This assumes the kids will be able to feed themselves by then.

Florida is not for me.

Happy Trails
rob

JimG.

Staff member
skiprob said:
Hello All,

I have recently joined the 'Zone' and wanted to get rid of that pesky reminder that I have never posted anything yet.

I live just south of Albany NY (Bethlehem) with my wife and three young children.

Besides my day job, I work as a snowsports instructor at Jiminy Peak in MA. I am PSIA (Poor Skiers Imitating Austrians) Certified Level I Alpine.

I took the gig because I was struggling with how to afford being a skiing family. I ended up working with some super cool people and have embraced the mountain lifestyle - on a part time basis. Based on how much I work at keeping us all skiing, I imagine that I would have enough experience to write a book. I'll call it "Art of the Scam".

Long term, I hope to stave off the negative effects of old age and working in an office until I retire and adopt the lifestyle full time. This assumes the kids will be able to feed themselves by then.

Florida is not for me.

Happy Trails
rob

Welcome aboard, sounds like you fit right in.

Susie

New member intro

I just happened on to this forum while searching for information relating to a planned trip in October to the Maine White Mts. My husband and I retired and moved from Maine to NC several years ago but return to Maine each summer to enjoy the hiking and, hopefully, cooler weather. We have done extensive hiking in the Evans and Grafton Notches and always go home with plans for the next trip. We have also done many hikes in Acadia, another beloved place.

D&J

Hello to all.
My husband, (he's the "D") and I have long been hikers. We are eagerly awaiting retirement in a few years so that we can hike to our hearts content. Must admit though that as we have gotten older the overnight hikes become more difficult. Older joints and bones do like a real bed at night so we tend to do long day hikes and then almost literally crawl into a motel for the night. I am an RN, husband is a carpenter and he is also an excellent photographer, of course I may be biased. I have been reading here, love the site and photographs.

Grassi21

D&J said:
Hello to all.
My husband, (he's the "D") and I have long been hikers. We are eagerly awaiting retirement in a few years so that we can hike to our hearts content. Must admit though that as we have gotten older the overnight hikes become more difficult. Older joints and bones do like a real bed at night so we tend to do long day hikes and then almost literally crawl into a motel for the night. I am an RN, husband is a carpenter and he is also an excellent photographer, of course I may be biased. I have been reading here, love the site and photographs.

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of D's pics.

Hawkshot99

Just joined here, and thought I would say hello.

My name is Matt, I am a 20 year old college student. I am working on my degree, with the plans of Law Enforcment.

I have been skiing since I was around ten, and will never give it up. Last year I got a part time job in th elocal ski shop, which made it possible for me to get out much more than I could have dreamed.