• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
We'll get some turns in at Mountain Creek - so if anyone's up in these parts - please let me know!

Not to be too negative...but that'll never happen

Hey hey, slow down, I'm about an hour away from MC. Although it is unlikely that I would ski there, you never know. I actually have friends that live about 10 min from the mountain and they are the first ones to talk me into skiing, at MC :)

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Hey ya'll... I frequent Huntermtn.net under a different alias, but here's my scoop.. 32, just bought a house in Northwestern NJ -15 mins from Mountain creek with my fiance and 2 schnauzers. Been skiing only a couple years and mostly at Hunter. We've previously been in a share house - but with our upcoming wedding and new home, we're stuck in NJ this winter - other than day trips to visit our Hunter friends. We'll get some turns in at Mountain Creek - so if anyone's up in these parts - please let me know!

Pics? :D

You're going to want to dump that guy. Clearly I'm better choice.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Hey everybody,

I'm Mike, I am 20 years old and I have skiied for 17 of those 20 years. Anyone from around Milton? I grew up there, so I went to blue hills quite often. I was an avvid skiier, but I have only been able to go on 1 ski trip in the last 3 years, that was December of 04' and it was 20 below, so it SUCKED!!! But besides the recent lapses in skiing, I have skiied at pretty much every mountain in New England (notice I said mountain, not hill, so that excludes pretty much all the "resorts" in mass). Killington is my favorite, followed close by Mount Snow.

I've tried snowboarding, but I wasn't very good at it, and I am too impatient and I don't like the bunny slopes so I went back to skiing.

I love moguls, even though I am not very good at going through them fast. Devils fiddle is up there as one of my favorite trails. Anyones else enjoy that trail?

I still have straight ski's, I never cared for the shaped ones.

After high school, I joined the Marines. I was stationed at Pendleton, and then I got sent to Fallujah, Iraq, which is where I am now. Yes they have internet, and they loosened up the restrictions, so now I can access this site. I want to keep informed on whats happening at the ski resorts in New England, because I plan on skiing there when I come home on leave.

I am supposed to leave here in a few months, and go back to Camp Pendleton (which is in California) I am hoping to make a trip to Bear and Mammoth Mountain, those are really the only ski resorts than are even somewhat close to where I am stationed. Anyone skiied there before?

Thanks for everything mang. Watch your arse over there. Next time you're around NE, if you make it to an AZ outing, I'm buying your apres drinks.

FridayHiker

Hi, all.

I'm new here; I'm fairly private on-line so won't get too specific, but will say that I live in the Whites and get out hiking any time I can on Fridays when the kids are at school and my DH is at work, since I have the day off. I'm entirely a day-hiker, avoid torrential downpours whenever possible, and do most of my hiking from May to November. I may give winter hiking a go sometime, but not until I'm able to afford proper equipment. We do some downhill and X-country skiing, so at least we get out in the winter. Just not hiking.

Glad to be here.

JimG.

Staff member
Hi, all.

I'm new here; I'm fairly private on-line so won't get too specific, but will say that I live in the Whites and get out hiking any time I can on Fridays when the kids are at school and my DH is at work, since I have the day off. I'm entirely a day-hiker, avoid torrential downpours whenever possible, and do most of my hiking from May to November. I may give winter hiking a go sometime, but not until I'm able to afford proper equipment. We do some downhill and X-country skiing, so at least we get out in the winter. Just not hiking.

Glad to be here.

Glad to have you!

Vortex

Welcome Friday hiker. The Whites happen to be a favorite of mine as well. If you ever do want to meet some hikers from here in your area MTN magic does alot of group hikes. He is from Lancaster I think.

bvibert

Staff member
Hi, all.

Glad to be here.

Welcome!

FridayHiker

Welcome Friday hiker. The Whites happen to be a favorite of mine as well. If you ever do want to meet some hikers from here in your area MTN magic does alot of group hikes. He is from Lancaster I think.

Thanks! That's good to know. But are they on Fridays? :lol:

Vortex

Thanks! That's good to know. But are they on Fridays? :lol:

All summer long MTN magic posted day and group hikes and yes some were on Friday's. Granted they were vacation days, but just poke around the hiking side, Mike P, Michael J, Mtn Magic Silent Cal, all put up when they are out. I have hiked with Silent Cal and Michael P at their invite in the past. fun relaxed guys. Hard not to be happy in the Whites.

Jay's Dip Powcher

Just a quick hello to all, very cool video clips from some trips and great discussions to hold me over for the next couple of weeks to the natural snow falls. Hope to come in more this winter but may be busy playing in the white stuff!

skiNEwhere

Just a quick hello to all, very cool video clips from some trips and great discussions to hold me over for the next couple of weeks to the natural snow falls. Hope to come in more this winter but may be busy playing in the white stuff!

Hey whats up JDP. Are you a skiier, or a snowboarder?

Jay's Dip Powcher

Hey whats up JDP. Are you a skiier, or a snowboarder?

Hey , I am a skiier, toned down a bit now with two young boys. One of my boys the oldest of 5 is skiing and doing awesome so we get the threedom pass. When I can I get up to Jay Peak for a little east coast powder and to just get excercise......

SIKSKIER

Hi to all the forum members.I just found this site today and am pretty excited about a quality ski forum.Looking forward to interacting with other snow lovers in the know!
SIKSKIER

Greg

Staff member
Hi to all the forum members.I just found this site today and am pretty excited about a quality ski forum.Looking forward to interacting with other snow lovers in the know!
SIKSKIER

Welcome SIKSKIER! Where are you from? Where do you normally ski?

ajl50

I never knew this thread was here and since this is my 100th post i figure I'd introduce myself.
I'm a law student at Rutgers newark but I'm from philadelphia. Live with great GF that got me into downhill skiing and converted me from X/C which my parents do. Mom refuses to believe that downhill skiing is safe after she tore up her ankle at greek peak in the 70's.
Anyway love the forum, love skiing.
My "home Mountain" is prob. whiteface since that's where I've spent the bulk of my time skiing. If you include trips with family over the last 20 years to go cross country skiing and summer camp in the adirondacks I would say that LP is like my second home.
Also spend a great deal of time skiing belleayre.
Anyway...hope it snows soon.

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome SIKSKIER!

It feels a little strange to welcome you, ajl50, because you've been around for awhile already. Well, welcome anyway... :)

skiNEwhere

I never knew this thread was here and since this is my 100th post i figure I'd introduce myself.
I'm a law student at Rutgers newark but I'm from philadelphia. Live with great GF that got me into downhill skiing and converted me from X/C which my parents do. Mom refuses to believe that downhill skiing is safe after she tore up her ankle at greek peak in the 70's.
Anyway love the forum, love skiing.
My "home Mountain" is prob. whiteface since that's where I've spent the bulk of my time skiing. If you include trips with family over the last 20 years to go cross country skiing and summer camp in the adirondacks I would say that LP is like my second home.
Also spend a great deal of time skiing belleayre.
Anyway...hope it snows soon.

Hey welcome ajil50, even though you've been here longer than i have......

Wow your Rutgers are doing pretty well this season, I don't think anyone saw that coming