• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

SkiFirst

Hello all..New member here.. Just came across this board and glad i found it. Love to talk about and hear other stories about skiing. Esp. here on the east coast. I try to ski at least 6-10 times a year. So i look forward to seeing everyone on the slopes and here on the board.

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome to the forums ta&idaho and SkiFirst!

What areas to you usually ski at SkiFirst?

SkiFirst

Welcome to the forums ta&idaho and SkiFirst!

What areas to you usually ski at SkiFirst?

Since most of my trips are only day trips and living in NJ i do not have much of a choice. I go to camelback in Pa alot. I go to hunter/windham once or twice a year. And each year i take a week long trip. This year i am just going to Stratton Vt. I would fly out west which i have done in the past but since my wife and i had a baby girl over the summer there will be no flying this year. But i hope to get out west once again next year.

Deviations

Hello

Just posting to say hello.

I'm from the midwest, but can't find a decent forum centered there. I grew up skiing in the 70's and took a 15 year break (my wife does not ski). I come from a race & bumps background. Shaped skis are a bit new and the wide stance I see today is disconcerting to say the least.
Anyhow, good to be back on snow.

Deviations

JimG.

Staff member
Just posting to say hello.

I'm from the midwest, but can't find a decent forum centered there. I grew up skiing in the 70's and took a 15 year break (my wife does not ski). I come from a race & bumps background. Shaped skis are a bit new and the wide stance I see today is disconcerting to say the least.
Anyhow, good to be back on snow.

Deviations

Welcome aboard!

I started skiing in the early/mid 60's and I know what you mean about how equipment has changed. But you'll learn to love it!

C2H5OH

my turn to introduce

Hi everyone,

After being in a coma for 3 years I'm back to this forum. Since 2003 I moved from Brooklyn to Northern NJ, being 1 hour close to skiing. My regular ski season is 20-30 days mostly spent in NY, Whiteface being favorite. These are mountains where I've been so far, in the order of preference:

Whiteface
Gore
Windham
Hunter
Belleayre
Plattekill
Mt Peter

Sugarbush
Mount Snow
Ascutney
Stowe
Pico
Killington

Ski Campgaw, NJ

----------------------------
Denis

NeverSummer8

Hello

My name is Brendan, I'm 14 years old. I have been snowboarding now for about 5 years and it has become a huge part of my life. My friend Brayden (SnowRider) told me about the site so i decided to check it out. I think it's cool how people who love to ski and ride can just talk about it rather than trying to start a conversation with someone at school who has no idea/could care less about what I am saying. Hopefully I will stick with this and post alot of reports and meet some new people.

Skibum_dan

Welcome Brenden. Don't worry about being a youngin' on these forums. Skiing/thinking about skiing, (or riding) brings out the teenager in us all.

Goblin84

hey all, im new around here too. Just moved from Canton, NY (middle of no where upstate NY) to Manchester, NH so I am trying to learn all of the NH ski areas. Actually trying to learn New England in general. I kinda just picked up and moved for the heck of it but that a whole nother story.

I have mostly skied at Jays, Smuggs, Whiteface, and the loaf (aka sugarloaf). Still getting into skiing again, have been a hardcore swimmer for years (takes up most of my winter) but after a few shoulder operations and still one more to come after this ski season that career is over.

Thats me in a nutt shell

bvibert

Staff member
Welcome to the forums Goblin. Thanks for the intro. There's several active members in that area of NH so don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have..

jviss

New member intro

Hi, I'm John, a casual, vacation skier with a renewed interest. I'm trying NASTAR at Wachusett this year, Monday night; never did this before, hoping to actually finish a race before my 50th B-day in Feb.

Went to Wachusett 12/30 in the p.m., had a little trouble with the light - any recommendations for goggle lenses for night skiing?

Regards,

jv

Greg

Staff member
Hi, I'm John, a casual, vacation skier with a renewed interest.

Careful. Posting here may get you more obsessed than you planned!

Went to Wachusett 12/30 in the p.m., had a little trouble with the light - any recommendations for goggle lenses for night skiing?

I prefer clear. Welcome, JV!

Vortex

Goblin welcome. You might want to try Pats peak. Very close and has decent night skiing. If you get your post count up.... You are able to get discounts there also.

We have a race team that meets atr Pats on Monday nights. Ga2ski and myself are nh folk. Welcome.