• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

Zand

Okemo is another good place to learn the bumps. I drastically improved in just a day from "sucky beginner" to "can do them without stalling" status by spending a little time on Sel's Choice and then Plunge.

Since you ski Wa regularly, I'd assume you'd know their bumps are no good at all. It's like they take tons of pieces of ice, lay them out, throw snow on them, and then let tham get scraped in 30 minutes.

Cannon is a good place for natural bumps. Rocket and the other front 5 trails are great bump trails. you also have the tight runs off to the right of Cannonball.

Anyways... welcome. If you want a bunch of Wa TRs, I posted about 20 last year so you can look at those if you wish.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
definitely would not recommend cannon for someone learning bumps. the recent addition of intermediate level bumps on skier's right of rocket and gary's were a welcome addition. rocket's bumps can be especially sweet when the snow is right. but rocket is rather steep for a blue square making it a tough trail to learn on. zoomer, paulie's, and avalanche are pretty steep bumps and can get quite nasty at times... some days even in throw in the towel and look else where. vista way can sport some nice bumps when it's just right, but usually takes a lot of snow and some sun to get things looking good. just my two cents.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I'll have to check out okemo... went there once when I was first learning to ski, but we often stay right in ludlow when heading up to kmart.

And Greg, I also have enjoyed continuously learning and improving over these last five winters.

I've noticed it can be hard sometimes when I hit a plateau on the learning curve but I always resort to the best philosophy for staying up on those flat spots-

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Paul

BeanoNYC said:
welcome. My name is Rich and I like deep conversation and long walks on the beach.

Do you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain?

Hi Marc, CT represents! :beer:

ga2ski

3D and the seeded course on Dreammaker at Sunday River are good to learn on.

Sounds like you have most important part - looking downhill 3 or 4 bumps. I use my poles for rhythm and actually to help check my speed. I learned by watching friends and the Gould Sunday River freestyle Team along with practice and alot of crashes.

I'll be happy to give you some pointers if you are ever up at the River although I would have to put on my alpine gear.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Re: New Member

Marc said:
So anyway, for all those that are interested, that's me. Hopefully can get in on one of these AZ gatherings... I also have one friend I always ski a lot with, I'll see if maybe I can get him on the board, and def. to a gathering.

Yes, definitely get in on the AZ Outings, which are TBA and feel free to PM people once you've gotten to know folks (with regards to meeting up). Yes, we like new people...so invite your friends as well! :beer: :idea:

Greg

Staff member
Looks like a new addict. You're off to a strong posting rate, Marc! :beer:

Greg

Staff member
6.00 posts per day, Marc. Not a bad posting rate - right up there with dmc and trailboss. Great to have you here! :beer:

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
6.00 posts per day, Marc. Not a bad posting rate - right up there with dmc and trailboss. Great to have you here! :beer:

If he can keep up that rate he'll be passing you in no time... ;)

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
Greg said:

If he can keep up that rate he'll be passing you in no time... ;)
Never happen...

Rick Kane

Website
www.freewebs.com
another new poster here, ive been lurking around this forum for a while and have learned alot. props out to the person who found the free stratton lift tickets, i havent been there since i was 7