• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

Greg

Staff member
Going to move this to Miscellaneous. I'm also going to make this the official introductions thread. Perhaps this will encourage some more lurkers to join the fun.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Marc said:
I'm 23, hold a BS and an MS from WPI and work for FM Global as a fire protection engineer. I currently live in the small farming town of Woodstock, CT in the extreme north eastern part of CT (thats extreme directionally, there's nothing else extreme about the town save for our bovine population).
Hey Marc, I'm also a WPI grad (civil engineering, class of 2000) and a former volunteer EMT. I don't ski though. (Ducking the masses of tomatoes hurled in my general direction)

Smitty

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Thanks, guys, I don't know about an increase of posting during the ski season though.

I'll have to turn into a crazy digital photographer to keep up my posting... which of course is going to require a digital camera I suppose... :dunce:

Hey Smitty, I won't hold it against you that you don't ski ;)

Some of us are just more enlightened... :beer:

PS I think I have a better chance at buying my own ski area than I do surpassing Greg's post count.

noski

smitty77 said:
I don't ski though. (Ducking the masses of tomatoes hurled in my general direction)
Smitty

oh, thank God I have found you. I've got your back. They don't call me noski for nothin' you know...

bvibert

Staff member
noski said:
smitty77 said:
I don't ski though. (Ducking the masses of tomatoes hurled in my general direction)
Smitty

oh, thank God I have found you. I've got your back. They don't call me noski for nothin' you know...

It must suck to live in the MRV and be a boarder, doesn't the MRG ban really piss you off??

:lol: Just kidding... ;) :lol: :beer:

bvibert

Staff member
awf170 said:
hey marc you are now in the lead for posts per day, with TB and me right behind you

No wonder you don't know nothin, spend too much time here... ;)

noski

bvibert said:
noski said:
smitty77 said:
Smitty

It must suck to live in the MRV and be a boarder, doesn't the MRG ban really piss you off??
You big lunk. I do not ski. nor board. The tomatoes heading my way will be significantly larger than smittys. But we had this conversation once in the "how did you select your username" thread. I know from there that it is ok I am here. One can be a very, very good friend of skiing (a couple of you can vouch for me) and not actually have to DO it. I tried it. SB & MRG. It wasn't for me.

bvibert

Staff member
noski said:
You big lunk. I do not ski. nor board. The tomatoes heading my way will be significantly larger than smittys. But we had this conversation once in the "how did you select your username" thread. I know from there that it is ok I am here. One can be a very, very good friend of skiing (a couple of you can vouch for me) and not actually have to DO it. I tried it. SB & MRG. It wasn't for me.

Actually I am kind of a big lunk. ;)

I know you don't do either, I remember it being brought up a time or two before... I was just having a little fun, hence the:
The big lunk said:
:lol: Just kidding... ;) :lol: :beer:

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
Actually I am kind of a big lunk. ;)

So...does this mean I can edit the database manually to change your username to "BigLunk"? :lol:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
awf170 said:
hey marc you are now in the lead for posts per day, with TB and me right behind you

Yes well, what else do I have to do on my lunch breaks...

Obviously they need to give me more work to do... wait, that's not something I should be wishing for.

Well anyway, I figured posting here and having my computer write back to me is better than talking to myself and having the voices in my head talk back to me...

:dunce:

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
noski said:
smitty77 said:
Smitty

I am going to try a little dogsledding this year. I've only got one pup, so she'll be pulling a sled with the little one on it. I don't think she has enough in her to tow my fat arse around. Now if I can convince the wife to let me get 3 more dogs..... :roll:

And you skiers are not more enlightened than me, you just have bigger paychecks. Money is really the only thinkg that kept me from taking up skiing. My dad Max was a hell of a skier. He probably still is, though he hasn't gone in years due to back problems. He used to work at Sugarbush as a ski bum long before I entered the picture.

cbcbd

Rick Kane said:
another new poster here, ive been lurking around this forum for a while and have learned alot. props out to the person who found the free stratton lift tickets, i havent been there since i was 7
Hey Rick, were you born and raised in West Philadelphia?
:wink:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
smitty77 said:
noski said:
smitty77 said:
Smitty

I am going to try a little dogsledding this year. I've only got one pup, so she'll be pulling a sled with the little one on it. I don't think she has enough in her to tow my fat arse around. Now if I can convince the wife to let me get 3 more dogs..... :roll:

And you skiers are not more enlightened than me, you just have bigger paychecks. Money is really the only thinkg that kept me from taking up skiing. My dad Max was a hell of a skier. He probably still is, though he hasn't gone in years due to back problems. He used to work at Sugarbush as a ski bum long before I entered the picture.

Look what you did, ruined your father's career. Shame on you... :p

Well, just like my dad says to me "You know, it's still not too late to have you aborted, son."

Greg

Staff member
Marc said:
awf170 said:

Down to 8.31 posts per day...come on, Marc. You're slipping. Time to get crackin'!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Greg said:
Marc said:
awf170 said:

Down to 8.31 posts per day...come on, Marc. You're slipping. Time to get crackin'!

What am I thinking?!

I need to program a Marc bot to say things I would so he can come here and post in my absence. I was too busy sailing and doing 'other things' this weekend to post much. I'll try not to screw up again.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Marc said:
smitty77 said:

Look what you did, ruined your father's career. Shame on you... :p

Well, just like my dad says to me "You know, it's still not too late to have you aborted, son."
I wish I could take credit for that. :D No, a nasty fall while skiing that resulted in a slipped disk in his back is what "ended" his career. He still skied afterwards, not not as aggressively.