• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

bigski6969

This was this morning!

I'm also new here, and am happy to be here! Tried TGR, better have a thick skin to run with that crowd! Grew up around White (ICE) Face, and have now relocated to the west. Lake Tahoe. Had a dusting down to 6,000 ft last night, had to take this photo on my avitar. I have also been lurking around for about a week, and you folks sound pretty nice.

Been skiing for about 40 years, east coast and Europe. Miss the coast, but really loving the POW in the west. Entirely new way of skiing. Spent more time on my rear the first season than on my stix. I'm going to be selling some gear and hope I can mange it here. Not very adept. Any ideas, please feel free to SHOUT IT OUT! Cheers all and may this winter be a heavy one!

skibum185

Website
www.facebook.com
Hey guys! Im new here as you can probably tell since this is the new people thread. I live in Maine in Albion and my home mountains are Eaton and Sugarloaf. I love to ski and mountain bike as well as hunt and fish.
I started skiing about 5 years ago and last year bagged 40 days. This year I am looking to double that number. So ya..

Matt

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Hey guys! Im new here as you can probably tell since this is the new people thread. I live in Maine in Albion and my home mountains are Eaton and Sugarloaf. I love to ski and mountain bike as well as hunt and fish.
I started skiing about 5 years ago and last year bagged 40 days. This year I am looking to double that number. So ya..

Matt

Welcome bummer! Tell us about Eaton. It's too far of a day trip for me, otherwise I'd be there. Good snow?

skibum185

Website
www.facebook.com
Eaton is a 600 ft bump in Skowhegan, Maine. Its not worth the drive unless it's 5 minutes from your school.

Trekchick- don't you talk over on Epic too? :razz: No bros yet and some decent stoke but nothing amazing unfortunately

wa-loaf

Welcome bummer! Tell us about Eaton. It's too far of a day trip for me, otherwise I'd be there. Good snow?

Eaton is a 600 ft bump in Skowhegan, Maine. Its not worth the drive unless it's 5 minutes from your school.

Trekchick- don't you talk over on Epic too? :razz: No bros yet and some decent stoke but nothing amazing unfortunately

Eaton was my Mtn in the 80's (well when I couldn't get to the loaf). Some nice steep runs there. I heard there are new owners who have refurbed the place. Actually shut it down for a season to get all the work done. I hope they have a lot of success.

skibum185

Website
www.facebook.com
Eaton was my Mtn in the 80's (well when I couldn't get to the loaf). Some nice steep runs there. I heard there are new owners who have refurbed the place. Actually shut it down for a season to get all the work done. I hope they have a lot of success.

That they do. And that they did. David Beers bought the place 2 years ago and didn't open it last year. This summer they got a brand new groomer and re wired the lights, fixed the chairs, renovated the lodge and had a job fair. I helped him set up about 100 snowboards and wax and tune them and now I think I landed a job there. :beer:

wa-loaf

Ever ski all day at the Loaf and then hit Eaton for night skiing? Did it once and it kicked my ass, but it was a good time.

skibumME2009

Website
apres4eva.ning.com
IF THIS IS POSTED IN THE WRONG SPACE, PLEASE MOVE IT!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and the community, some of you have probably seen me on the mountains last year in the east. I was part of a team that did a documentary on the ski resorts of the east in the season 2008-2009. Over 45 of us descended on the various resorts in ME, NH, VT, MA

I remember one day when we were over 4000 feet up sitting waist deep in a powder field filming sugarloafers up to their necks in powder. I saw a jet fly by BELOW us and realized then how high up we really were.

I have been doing skiing since I was just a 12 year old, my first ski trip was at Lost Valley in Maine, from there I went on to spend a few years at Sunday river on the ski patrol unit, then I sort of went west and took a break for awhile. Upon moving back last season I took right back to the skiing, three turns and I was raring to go.

Between the ski documentary and having fun I logged over 70 lift tickets last season, skiing everything from groomers to snowfields. I am not a daredevil skier, but I am not a safe rider either.

I love to photograph the events and people of the resorts around me; a perfect day for me is just spent taking snapshots of others loving our winter playground of white gold.

This year we will be doing another documentary but this will be more on extreme skiing then any of the general stuff we did last year, so if you see a lens peeking out from the trees while you mash that bump run it was probably me!

The snow has just come back to Maine and tomorrow we are hiking up to sugarloaf to get in some early season powder, we skied the auto road today down to the 4 mile mark in new Hampshire on good old mt Washington in a foot of soft snow.

Winter is here!

Last edited:

bigski6969

double dipping!

Ever ski all day at the Loaf and then hit Eaton for night skiing? Did it once and it kicked my ass, but it was a good time.

Did it once myself at Sugar Bowl, then Squaw that night. My legs were so shaky that I thought that was the best sex EVER! Slept for a day and a half afterwards! LOLOLOLOL:daffy:

bigski6969

Welcome!

IF THIS IS POSTED IN THE WRONG SPACE, PLEASE MOVE IT!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and the community, some of you have probably seen me on the mountains last year in the east. I was part of a team that did a documentary on the ski resorts of the east in the season 2008-2009. Over 45 of us descended on the various resorts in ME, NH, VT, MA

I remember one day when we were over 4000 feet up sitting waist deep in a powder field filming sugarloafers up to their necks in powder. I saw a jet fly by BELOW us and realized then how high up we really were.

I have been doing skiing since I was just a 12 year old, my first ski trip was at Lost Valley in Maine, from there I went on to spend a few years at Sunday river on the ski patrol unit, then I sort of went west and took a break for awhile. Upon moving back last season I took right back to the skiing, three turns and I was raring to go.

Between the ski documentary and having fun I logged over 70 lift tickets last season, skiing everything from groomers to snowfields. I am not a daredevil skier, but I am not a safe rider either.

I love to photograph the events and people of the resorts around me; a perfect day for me is just spent taking snapshots of others loving our winter playground of white gold.

This year we will be doing another documentary but this will be more on extreme skiing then any of the general stuff we did last year, so if you see a lens peeking out from the trees while you mash that bump run it was probably me!

The snow has just come back to Maine and tomorrow we are hiking up to sugarloaf to get in some early season powder, we skied the auto road today down to the 4 mile mark in new Hampshire on good old mt Washington in a foot of soft snow.

Winter is here!

It's great you're here! Would love to see what your type of stuff your filming this year!:daffy: