• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

whitefaceoscar

welcome to all
i've been a lurker since the time of the controversial GSS so yea, i finally decided to jump into this madness 8) :fangun:

bvibert

Staff member
Glad you decided to finally sign up whitefaceoscar. I assume you normally ski at Whiteface?

walterd

Hi to all...... I am Walter Davis a new member here. Soon will participate in the conversation with the members.

NYDrew

Hey Again Everyone!!!!

Its been so long since I've been active here. It might even be as long as four years!!!! Anyway, I thought it might be a good idea to reintroduce myself. I'm from New York and my name is Andrew, hence the NYDrew. Ski instructor in collage, like to ski, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, since graduating I was broke and didn't ski for 3.5 seasons and coming from a guy that didn't bat an eye at 75+days it became best that I remove all thoughts of snow. I replaced it with playing ice hockey again.

At the same time I put a 13 year plan in overdrive, I was 14 when I started this. I worked, saved money and interviewed for jobs, that is it. On May 28th I walked out of a DMV office in Burlington and for the first time since some snowy February Rutland night in 1997 I was able to call myself a resident of Vermont. No longer did skiing involve hotels and instructing to pay for lift tickets. I can now look out my living room window and see Mt. Mansfield.

Anyway, I've been just hanging out and doing my thing. Working third shift QAing a manufacturing plant and meeting new people. Then I remembered all the great people I knew online and met in person. Current events taken into account, I might actually get to meet a whole lot more of you. I felt it was time to make my return to AZ, and here I am.

LaPal

Hello

Hello

I have just joined this exciting forum and really look forward to participating. I am still fairly new at snowboarding and am eager to learn as much as possible

regards

laura

cliff

I'm the lift manager at Big Tupper Ski Area in Tupper Lake, NY. and need some help. We need a "coffin hoist?" to lift our counterweight on chair 3. We have to get all the grips off and sent in to NH. to have them ndt. Can't take any chair off because the counterweight is resting on 6x6's on the ground.