• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

thoran1981

I've been a 'member' for awhile, but haven't done much posting - my wife and I spent the majority of last winter at home getting ready for our first rugrat.

Anyways, I'm Tim, 30 years old, I live in Dover NH, I snowboard, and I work a pretty run-of-the-mill IT job at a small local property and casualty insurance company (if you're from the New Hampshire seacoast, you probably know which company I'm talking about and understand that my description of it's size is very 'tongue in cheek' ;-))

Much like many people on here, I started skiing as a kid. Learned at Pat's Peak with the after-school program. I started snowboarding late in high school and used to get out 15-20ish times a season. My parents have a place up at Waterville Valley, so I head up there a lot. I also love trying out new places and have done most of the standard New England hills.

I'm excited about getting back on this mountain this year. It's been a disappointing start to the season, but I love that things are finally turning around!!

kimbahleeee

Just joined!

saragoldsmith just introduced me to Alpine Zone! Excited to get out and snowboard this winter!

TDog

Hi All, New to this site. Call me TDog. I have heard a lot of good stuff about it. Still trying to find my way around. Any recommendations?

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've been a 'member' for awhile, but haven't done much posting - my wife and I spent the majority of last winter at home getting ready for our first rugrat.

Anyways, I'm Tim, 30 years old, I live in Dover NH, I snowboard, and I work a pretty run-of-the-mill IT job at a small local property and casualty insurance company (if you're from the New Hampshire seacoast, you probably know which company I'm talking about and understand that my description of it's size is very 'tongue in cheek' ;-))

Much like many people on here, I started skiing as a kid. Learned at Pat's Peak with the after-school program. I started snowboarding late in high school and used to get out 15-20ish times a season. My parents have a place up at Waterville Valley, so I head up there a lot. I also love trying out new places and have done most of the standard New England hills.

I'm excited about getting back on this mountain this year. It's been a disappointing start to the season, but I love that things are finally turning around!!

Prior to my current job, I worked in IT proj. management for insurance carriers (small/ mid size). We did a lot of hosting / outsourcing work.

Boring!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hi All, New to this site. Call me TDog. I have heard a lot of good stuff about it. Still trying to find my way around. Any recommendations?

Hey Tdog, welcome aboard; recommend:

Trip Reports if you want to find out how the skiing is across the northeast (or the non-northeast, for that matter)

Misc. chat if you want to waste time talking about what you ate for lunch

Skiing and snowboarding for everything else :)

Where are you from / where do you ski / board?

Kristina P

Name is Kristina, married to FishingEd and am friends with Chris (xwhaler) who got us onto the site.
I ski a few times per year, spend time on the boat in the summer cruising the NH seacoast. I work as an Occupational Therapist here on the Seacoast.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Name is Kristina, married to FishingEd and am friends with Chris (xwhaler) who got us onto the site.
I ski a few times per year, spend time on the boat in the summer cruising the NH seacoast. I work as an Occupational Therapist here on the Seacoast.

Welcome K!

By the end of the season , I believe several of us will require OT!

Jeffs LexToy

Hi Everyone,
My name is Jeff and I live in Epping NH. I'm married with a beautiful 7 month old girl and a black lab. I own an auto repair shop in Londonderry NH specilizing in Lexus, Toyota, and Scion though we handle all makes and models.
I'm primarily a snowmobiler in the winter but my friend and neighbor Chris (xwhaler) got me onto this site and we'll be joining everyone at Sugarloaf in late March!

Sugart

New member from South Jersey, been lurking for awhile. Came for the skiing, but gonna stay for the mountain biking.