New Member Introductions Thread - Page 6

AlpineZone

Page 6 of 162 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Re: New Member Introductions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert
    Actually I am kind of a big lunk.
    So...does this mean I can edit the database manually to change your username to "BigLunk"?
    I was thinking about asking you to do that... I'll back to you

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by awf170
    hey marc you are now in the lead for posts per day, with TB and me right behind you
    Yes well, what else do I have to do on my lunch breaks...

Obviously they need to give me more work to do... wait, that's not something I should be wishing for.

Well anyway, I figured posting here and having my computer write back to me is better than talking to myself and having the voices in my head talk back to me...

Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty77
    I don't ski though. (Ducking the masses of tomatoes hurled in my general direction)
    Smitty
    oh, thank God I have found you. I've got your back. They don't call me noski for nothin' you know...
    I am going to try a little dogsledding this year. I've only got one pup, so she'll be pulling a sled with the little one on it. I don't think she has enough in her to tow my fat arse around. Now if I can convince the wife to let me get 3 more dogs.....

And you skiers are not more enlightened than me, you just have bigger paychecks. Money is really the only thinkg that kept me from taking up skiing. My dad Max was a hell of a skier. He probably still is, though he hasn't gone in years due to back problems. He used to work at Sugarbush as a ski bum long before I entered the picture.
    You have to do the hard things in life sooner or later. -- Earl Hickey's Karma Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kane
    another new poster here, ive been lurking around this forum for a while and have learned alot. props out to the person who found the free stratton lift tickets, i havent been there since i was 7
    Hey Rick, were you born and raised in West Philadelphia?
    Sign, sign everywhere a sign... pointing out the trails, can\'t make up my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    I don't ski though. (Ducking the masses of tomatoes hurled in my general direction)
    Smitty
    oh, thank God I have found you. I've got your back. They don't call me noski for nothin' you know...
    I am going to try a little dogsledding this year. I've only got one pup, so she'll be pulling a sled with the little one on it. I don't think she has enough in her to tow my fat arse around. Now if I can convince the wife to let me get 3 more dogs.....

And you skiers are not more enlightened than me, you just have bigger paychecks. Money is really the only thinkg that kept me from taking up skiing. My dad Max was a hell of a skier. He probably still is, though he hasn't gone in years due to back problems. He used to work at Sugarbush as a ski bum long before I entered the picture.
    Look what you did, ruined your father's career. Shame on you... :P

Well, just like my dad says to me "You know, it's still not too late to have you aborted, son."

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    hey marc you are now in the lead for posts per day, with TB and me right behind you
    Down to 8.31 posts per day...come on, Marc. You're slipping. Time to get crackin'!
    I ski double black diamonds.

My name is Andy, I'm a skier/poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg
    Down to 8.31 posts per day...come on, Marc. You're slipping. Time to get crackin'!
    What am I thinking?!

I need to program a Marc bot to say things I would so he can come here and post in my absence. I was too busy sailing and doing 'other things' this weekend to post much. I'll try not to screw up again.

Look what you did, ruined your father's career. Shame on you... :P

Well, just like my dad says to me "You know, it's still not too late to have you aborted, son."
    I wish I could take credit for that. No, a nasty fall while skiing that resulted in a slipped disk in his back is what "ended" his career. He still skied afterwards, not not as aggressively.
    You have to do the hard things in life sooner or later. -- Earl Hickey's Karma Guide

I thought I might note for new people or people who weren't aware, there are some other old introduction threads floating around in Misc Disc that you can read if you want to get to know the member base. Here is the most recent one:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/viewtop...asc&highlight=
    Brian

Thread Information