New Member Introductions Thread - Page 7

AlpineZone

Page 7 of 162 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Introduction...........

Hola, I'm Coleman, 31, from Boston, confirmed ski nut, etc.

I grew up skiing most winter weekends in the Whites,
    Attitash/Black/Cranmore/Wildcat/SR (starting around 4 or so)and after a 10 year or so hiatus picked the habit up again a few years ago.

I work at an unnamed college in cambridge, MA as an academic dept's System Administrator. Spend way too much time in front of far too many computers.

Anyone who is up in the N.Conway/Bartlett/Jackson/Gorham/Bethel area this winter and wants to get together and ski,let me know.
    I'm typically up every weekend with the wife and a few friends.

If any AZ listers have spent any apres-ski time at Moat Mountain brewery's bar in Intervale/N.Conway, or the bar at the Shannon Door in Jackson, we may have already met.

The slopes may be closed, but at least the bar is open.

-Coleman

Welcome Coleman!
    Brian

Hi i'am Iris from Greece just found your forum and i find it very interesting.
    Age 30, i'm a snow_o_"holic", i ski mostly in the greek mountains but i go "out" at least once a year...

Welcome aboard Snowflake! I don't know much about skiing in Greece; what's it like?

Well we have 21 ski centers but not yet resorts. The most "wanted" are Mt.Parnasos midle greece, Kalavrita at Helmos south ,and Vassilitsa,3-5 Pigadia up north.
    We don't have the facilities that the rest of europe has but we are working it out. You can take a good look at www.snowreport.gr the english version. We have web cams all around. I thing that you would like it very much.
    I don't know much about skiing in England either. Do you have a site that i can see your resorts?
    Here in Greece we hear mostly about the resorts in France,Italy,Swizerland and Austria because there are closer.

I.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
    I don't know much about skiing in England either. Do you have a site that i can see your resorts?
    This site is about skiing in New England (in the Northeast United States) not England, as in Great Britain.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Also, I will take tips in the bumps from anyone who's willing to offer them...

So far the hardest part for me has been finding trails and conditions suitable for learning.

(read: most of the time )
    I think its easier to learn bumps on a steeper trail (to a point) because you can actually see the next bump and select a line easier...I learned on White Heat by accident.....back in about 93 I was already a fairly accomplished skier tired of skiing the groomed side of white heat when i started hitting the bumps and really started getting the feel of it
    born to ski forced to work

Well we have 21 ski centers but not yet resorts. The most "wanted" are Mt.Parnasos midle greece, Kalavrita at Helmos south ,and Vassilitsa,3-5 Pigadia up north.
    We don't have the facilities that the rest of europe has but we are working it out. You can take a good look at www.snowreport.gr the english version. We have web cams all around. I thing that you would like it very much.
    Here in Greece we hear mostly about the resorts in France,Italy,Swizerland and Austria because there are closer.

I.
    Thanks for the link...I didn't know that Greece had any ski areas leave alone that many.

Oh, this isn't England as in Great Britain, this is New England as in America. If you search this site you'll find just about anything you might want to know about Eastern US ski areas.

Quote Originally Posted by JimG.
    Oh, this isn't England as in Great Britain, this is New England as in America
    yap just notice

Quote Originally Posted by JimG.
    Oh, this isn't England as in Great Britain, this is New England as in America
    yap just notice
    No worries. Make a trip across the pond!
    I ski double black diamonds.

Thread Information