New Member Introductions Thread - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 162 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Oh i will...

Quote Originally Posted by atomic68
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Also, I will take tips in the bumps from anyone who's willing to offer them...

So far the hardest part for me has been finding trails and conditions suitable for learning.

(read: most of the time )
    I think its easier to learn bumps on a steeper trail (to a point) because you can actually see the next bump and select a line easier...I learned on White Heat by accident.....back in about 93 I was already a fairly accomplished skier tired of skiing the groomed side of white heat when i started hitting the bumps and really started getting the feel of it
    I'll keep that in mind. I really just need a lot of practice time on the slopes.

Damn, oh well, I gots to do what I gots to do. Ashame I'll have to spend so much time out there... [/ridiculous sarcasm]

And welcome snowflake. All I think of when I saw your name was Ace Ventura, Pet Detective...
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Hi,

My name's Matt, I'm 25.

In the winter I ski Tele and Alpine and in the summer I'm a geologist. I went to school at Colby College in Maine, and I was a Sugarloafer for 4 years. I live outside of Albany now, so I ski Gore Mountain, mostly, with an occasional trip to Whiteface - and take a trip out west every chance I get (Tahoe this year).

I grew up in Connecticut and now live just outside of Boston. I started skiing 15 years ago and regularly have done day trips / weekends or vacation weeks in New England. Long list of places I have skied include Jiminy Peak, Wachusett, Pico, Killington, Okemo, Stratton, Gunstock, Waterville Valley, Loon, Cannon, Sunapee, Shawnee Peak and Sunday River. Lots of time at Stowe and Sugarbush.

One trip west was for 3 sunny days at Whistler/Blackcomb

This season the family is set with season passes at Sugarbush.

WWF = three of the nicest towns I know - Warren, Waitsfield and Fayston, Vermont

Re: New Member Introductions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert
    Quote Originally Posted by noski
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty77
    I don't ski though. (Ducking the masses of tomatoes hurled in my general direction)
    Smitty
    oh, thank God I have found you. I've got your back. They don't call me noski for nothin' you know...
    It must suck to live in the MRV and be a boarder, doesn't the MRG ban really piss you off??
    You big lunk. I do not ski. nor board. The tomatoes heading my way will be significantly larger than smittys. But we had this conversation once in the "how did you select your username" thread. I know from there that it is ok I am here. One can be a very, very good friend of skiing (a couple of you can vouch for me) and not actually have to DO it. I tried it. SB & MRG. It wasn't for me.
    Skiing is not for everybody. Now I would probably get very grumpy if I did not get my fill of skiing in during the year. The only time I did not mind not skiing was when I was pregnant. However, I did miss the best ski season in recent history (1996-1997) when I was pregnant with my son. I am surprised, however, that you still want to participate in a ski/snowboard forum. I don't visit this site often enough to know how much you contribute.

Hey everyone, well I stumbled on this forum the other day, Glad I did.

My name's Bill in case you couldn't tell. I am 25. I just moved back to NY from Virginia Beach. I grew up on Long Island and learned how to ski at Whiteface and Gore when I was 4. I actually still have my first lift ticket from whiteface.

I joined the navy 7 years ago and that kinda put a damper on skiing. But I got back into it last year. I just got transfered to Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory in Ballston Spa, NY, so I plan on hittin Gore alot this year. Just picked up my pass 2 days ago. I also took up snowboarding last year, quite different after skiing for so many years. We'll see how that goes on a real mountain this year. No offense to any one who skis Wintergreen, Thats where I learned last year.

Well thats about it, oh yeah I will probably be looking for people to ski Gore and WF with.

Welcome bill, glad you found us! We seem to be getting alot of people from NY joining lately, so I'm sure you'll find someone to make some turns with.
    Brian

Newbies Here!

Hello all. I recently found this website while looking up some snowboarding information on the web and thought I would join the forum.

There will be 2 of us using this account, "L" a 22 y/o female, skiing for 7 years; and "K" a 21 y/o male skiing for about 17 years.

Both K and I purchased snowboards and are determind to learn, although neither of us has ever tried it before.

I hope to gain and offer some useful information from this site.

~ L ~

Welcome aboard (pun intended)!

Quote Originally Posted by bill9009
    Hey everyone, well I stumbled on this forum the other day, Glad I did.

My name's Bill in case you couldn't tell. I am 25. I just moved back to NY from Virginia Beach. I grew up on Long Island and learned how to ski at Whiteface and Gore when I was 4. I actually still have my first lift ticket from whiteface.

I joined the navy 7 years ago and that kinda put a damper on skiing. But I got back into it last year. I just got transfered to Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory in Ballston Spa, NY, so I plan on hittin Gore alot this year. Just picked up my pass 2 days ago. I also took up snowboarding last year, quite different after skiing for so many years. We'll see how that goes on a real mountain this year. No offense to any one who skis Wintergreen, Thats where I learned last year.

Well thats about it, oh yeah I will probably be looking for people to ski Gore and WF with.

And bonus skiing with you as you can probably do night skiing anywhere anytime with the whole glow in the dark atomic thing yeah?
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Thread Information