legalize it already

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 108 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation

MJ truth about it mircale plant for alll

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin..._marijua_1.php I think it should just be legal for 420 medical and all to enjoy for what ever reasons. purpose in NY but our govenor might want to run for president so, i guess i move to Colorado for that and skiing.

Last edited by ScottySkis; Mar 22, 2015 at 8:12 PM.

Reason #4529 to move. I just wasn't surprised he took that stance. Aside from presidential aspirations I believe law enforcement groups and the religious conservatives played a role. Don't forget, most everything north of Westchester and Rockland counties is pretty red.

Governor Lynch is going to veto a medicinal bill in NH as well. I'd imagine his wife being a pediatrician has something to do with it.

I think these folks all need to have a close family member come down with cancer or aids.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by jaja111 View Post
    Reason #4529 to move. I just wasn't surprised he took that stance. Aside from presidential aspirations I believe law enforcement groups and the religious conservatives played a role. Don't forget, most everything north of Westchester and Rockland counties is pretty red.
    HUGE anti-drug budgets = big salaries....
    SteveD

For those in favor, would you want to do it infront of say your 5yr old kid? (And then try and explain to them that smoking ANYTHING isn't healthy??

If the answer is "no" then why bother in the 1st place??

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    For those in favor, would you want to do it infront of say your 5yr old kid? (And then try and explain to them that smoking ANYTHING isn't healthy??

If the answer is "no" then why bother in the 1st place??
    From a medicinal use standpoint; I'd have a much harder time explaining to my 5 year old why some people who are ill and use it for relief are thrown in jail for obtaining marijuana illegally and why the government prohibits a naturally growing substance that can help many people.

From a recreational use standpoint; I think there would be many more life tragedies from alcohol usage that I'd have to explain to a 5 year old than I would about marijuana use. How often do you hear of someone assaulting, murdering or dying in an accident while under the influence of marijuana? Not very often, yet with alcohol, those stories are in every newspaper in the country pretty much daily.

From a health standpoint; you don't have to smoke marijuana. There are perfectly healthy ways of ingesting it.

From an economic standpoint, marijuana law enforcement costs BILLIONS with zero affect on usage levels. Taxing and regulating marijuana would create BILLIONS in tax revenue.

I'm having a safety meeting right now.

The argument about the 5 year old is moot. People do way worse things to/around their kids.
    The unhealthy argument is moot. We're the worlds biggest hypocrites.
    The gateway argument is false. That's like saying milk is a gateway to whiskey.

Public support is at all time highs. In October, 2011 a Gallup survey for legalizing was greater then not. Good thing we don't live in a democracy.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150149/Re...Marijuana.aspx

If it is legalized what would they use to arrest all the kids in nyc?
    Seriously, what a joke.
    And smoking in front a 5 year old? What about cigars? Shoudl they be illegal too? What about horror movies? Wouldnt want my 5 year old to see them, so lets ban that too.

Quote Originally Posted by RootDKJ View Post
    I'm having a safety meeting right now.

The argument about the 5 year old is moot. People do way worse things to/around their kids.
    The unhealthy argument is moot. We're the worlds biggest hypocrites.
    The gateway argument is false. That's like saying milk is a gateway to whiskey.

Public support is at all time highs. In October, 2011 a Gallup survey for legalizing was greater then not. Good thing we don't live in a democracy.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150149/Re...Marijuana.aspx

Thread Information