New Member Introductions Thread

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 152 1231151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

New Member Introductions Thread

Hey all, wanted to introduce myself before I started posting, I've been lurking and reading for a couple weeks... everyone seems pretty cool and laid back, like I am, and I love the website, good job mods, webmasters, etc.

I'm 23, hold a BS and an MS from WPI and work for FM Global as a fire protection engineer. I currently live in the small farming town of Woodstock, CT in the extreme north eastern part of CT (thats extreme directionally, there's nothing else extreme about the town save for our bovine population).

I started skiing 5 years ago as a freshman in Worcester. Learned at Wachusett and still ski there, cheap season pass, convenient, etc. Did the All East pass this year and skied K-mart and Mount Snow a lot, until my 2nd semester took total control of my life.

Went for the All For One this year, and hope to further improve. Pretty good at carving groomers, did a little NASTAR, starting learning the bumps last year but still suck at them.

I ski all winter and mountain and road bike all summer... just bought an '01 Audi S4 a few months ago and will have nice knobby snows for the winter so I can enjoy the drive almost as much as the mountains... also a vol. firefighter and been doin that for 5 or so years.

So anyway, for all those that are interested, that's me. Hopefully can get in on one of these AZ gatherings... I also have one friend I always ski a lot with, I'll see if maybe I can get him on the board, and def. to a gathering.

Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Welcome, looks like you'll fit in fine here. Hope to see you at a AZ gathering or two.
    Brian

Welcome aboard!

Fire protection engineering...I guess you take all the fun out of my job

well met! there's a few "who are you" threads burried deeper in the misc. forums if you'd like some background info on everyone.
    -Steve
    TheSnowWay.com "Skiing is not a sport, it is a way of life." - Otto Schniebs

Welcome. I'll sell your customer some fire proofing material.
    Visit the trip and events folder. We will make some ASC resorts this year. We have some Sunday River Regulars and killington Regulars.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Thanks rivercOil, in case I feel like procrastinating at work I might do that...

Sledhaulingmedic... yeah, I make my own life less fun being a firefighter and an FPE... kinda funny like that, but this was the only job I could find where I'd have the time to ski bike and still play with fire Where do you work? I was a FF in Auburn MA for two years while I was going to school and saw a fair share of medics between WEMS, and Patriot and Pathways who both ran ALS for us.

Also for the mods... I wouldn't object to seeing a mountain biking forum a little later down the line if you think you have enough interested members...
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    Also for the mods... I wouldn't object to seeing a mountain biking forum a little later down the line if you think you have enough interested members...
    FYI, Marc...this has been recently discussed:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/viewtop...forum+mountain

Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il
    well met! there's a few "who are you" threads burried deeper in the misc. forums if you'd like some background info on everyone.
    Here is a couple to get you started:
    So Who Are You?
    Picture of yourself
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Here is a couple to get you started:
    So Who Are You?
    Picture of yourself
    Just moved back to Maine this winter from the south, not the best year to start skiing again!

Items for Sale
    Welcome to the boards, Marc. We have a crew here from Wachusett that you might be interested in getting to know...
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Thread Information