• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

freeski

Hello, long time lurker. You have some nice Cannon threads here, nice ski photos and now me. :smile:

BaltoBill

Hi all -- I just joined this forum which I've been reading for about ten months. I love to ski and picked it up at age 41 (I'd always wanted to ski when I was younger). Have made it to VT each year since then (I'm 45 now) and am skiing Fischer Motive 86s' that I bought last year and love. Wish I lived further north than Baltimore -- and am trying my best to get on the slopes as much as I can!

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Hi all -- I just joined this forum which I've been reading for about ten months. I love to ski and picked it up at age 41 (I'd always wanted to ski when I was younger). Have made it to VT each year since then (I'm 45 now) and am skiing Fischer Motive 86s' that I bought last year and love. Wish I lived further north than Baltimore -- and am trying my best to get on the slopes as much as I can!

Ever ski WV? Have a son living in North WV , looking for feedback on some of the areas

603Skier

Hello all. I am a NH native and I only work to ski on my days off. However, not your average skier. Although I do enjoy the occasional earn your turns in the back-country, when I ski a mountain that I am not too familiar my eyes are constantly scanning the trail edge for hidden entrances to off trail skiing. Although I have bought lift tickets and wasted entire days climbing out of a ravines, hours spent hiking down roads to get back to the resort, or constantly finding that dead end track that leads to nothing but yellow spots; it is all definitely worth it! Why? Because there are times where those hidden gems seemingly fine me.

Like a sixth sense, I am drawn to these entrances that can lead you to sometimes tight, steep, deep, air giving mind blowing precious pieces of paradise that are un-tracked and just waiting to be marked. The best part? Looking back at tracks, no tracks, tracks!

I look forward to sharing some of my experiences this season with you. And I look forward to hearing some of your stories. It's going to be another great season out East! Don't worry, I'm not a spoiler. You'll have to find them yourselves. After all that's half the fun!

nick danger

I'm in upstate NY. Guess that's not NE, but I go where the snow is. 5 hour drive to Killington no big deal if the snow is good Plus I'm retired so week days not a problem.

Cornhead

I'm in upstate NY. Guess that's not NE, but I go where the snow is. 5 hour drive to Killington no big deal if the snow is good Plus I'm retired so week days not a problem.

Fellow Upstater here, Binghamton, Greek Peak is my home hill, but I get around. Don't have an inferiority complex, we have the tallest mountain in the East, and the most ski hills of any state in the nation, OK we could use more snow, can't have everything. Quite a few NY'ers here. Welcome!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

ScottySkis

Fellow Upstater here, Binghamton, Greek Peak is my home hill, but I get around. Don't have an inferiority complex, we have the tallest mountain in the East, and the most ski hills of any state in the nation, OK we could use more snow, can't have everything. Quite a few NY'ers here. Welcome!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hi great to meet any new member. Cornhead did you forgot about Turin NY ski hill lake effect heaven did you have mj forgetfulness lol.

NeverSummer218

Newbie here to this site.. Looking forward to another great season. Local hill was Cannon for the past few years... and missing everything about it! New local hill is much smaller, but the snow is just as good, if not better... and can't beat the bar! Good ol' Pats Peak is off to a good start!

marinamoreira

Hi everyone!

I am new to Alpine Zone, but I have friends participating in the forum. They have great stories from the ski trip last winter, so I hope to be part of one this season.

I enjoyed my first ski season last year. Before that I had only tried skiing 2 or 3 times. That's because in Brazil, where I am originally from, we don't have winter! (ok, technically we do have winter. But even if we had a Northeastern winter, we'd still miss the sharp, high mountains...)

Anyways, hope to learn something here to be better prepared for the slopes!
:)

Travelbug724

Newbie to Alpine Zone

Hi Gals & Guys!

Friends have been on me about joining Alpine Zone, so here I am! I've been hearing a lot about the ski event in February, and stories of years past. Looking forward to experiencing all the fun!

Been skiing for 11 years now, all in NH mainly Loon, Waterville and Sunapee, with trips to Okemo. Spent 4 solid years at Cannon while in college. Loved it! Can't beat $9 discount lift tickets through PSU.

Hoping to meet new people and try out some new mountains this season. :spread:

fishrising

Hi All! New member here, living a little west of Hartford CT. Did the backcountry thing all through college while in northern VT in the early 90s. Then a little less. Now, on top of resort riding, looking to get back into some backcountry stuff.

Have been a hardboot snowboarder the last decade or so, mainly hitting Stratton. I do have a split board setup for hardboots, among my many alpine decks...

I started on skis as a kid, become a softboot boarder in the late 80s., then a hardboot boarder just after Y2K. Now pretty much full time hardbooter, just on the skis with my kids when they are not in ski school and I am skiing with them.

Might have try tele soon...

Also an avid, mtn biker, mostly cross country stuff on my single speed or fat bike!