• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

fishrising

Welcome Travelbug724 and fishrising!

fishrising, where do you mountain bike?

Mainly Cowles Park in East Granby / Tariffville. But also hit West Hartford Rez, Penwood, Nass, Case, the usual central CT spots...but if you have not hit Cowles Park, you should. A great crew there taking care of the trails!

Not mine, but here is a sample ride there: http://www.strava.com/activities/196006750

snowhiteGS

Hi All!
I'm originally from Italy and I'll join the AlpineZone Summit in February with some friends. I'm a ski novice and I hope to have a ton of fun...and don't fall too much...ouch!:daffy:

snowhiteGS

Hey marinamoreira! Ready to have a blast? How did it go last year since you were still learning? Hopefully I'll learn quickly as well! See you very very soon...:beer:

BBMF

self intro huh??

I am a married 33 yr dad of two who lives for winter... I have a problem... I want to bail on work and civil duties and spend my time bumming around ski hills. I have been skiing since I was in the first grade, so something along 27 years on the slopes. I believe my addiction is beginning to rub off on the wife. She's becoming more confident and is actually fun to ski with after years of nagging and badgering her to step it up. Yes she wont hit the woods or the diamonds but is holding her own on the easy stuff and making it fun to go out as a couple on the mountain.
Off season I like riding my dirtbike (GASP!!!) and doing yard stuff which includes, but is not limited to, creating death trap type tree houses and swings and other home-typie things.
I live in the land of the nutmeggers and hope to someday relocate to a climate that better suites my lifestyle and mentality.
I can't believe it took me so long to find this resource, I am sure I have seen stickers on lift towers and car windows but then again sometimes things just don't sink in... Look forward to meeting some of you down the line.

mtsixspeed

Hello to all! I live in Southeastern MA and grew up here never skiing! My girlfriend got me into it last season and after a rough day learning the skills and getting it though my thick head, I began to become obsessed with it. I skied five days last season. I can't wait to get out there for the first time this season and that will be over the New Years long weekend.
Besides skiing, my main hobby is road cycling. I'll be signing up for my first Pan Mass Challenge next year.
I've played golf my whole life as well and I'm into cars. I don't exactly pick the cheap activities and that's a challenge when I want to start spending more on skiing now!
I'm looking forward to meeting many of you at AZ Summit 6.0! Thanks to Frapcap for tipping me off to this great forum!

Bring on the snow and the cold...

Monica

I am new to Alpine Zone! My last time racing was in 1981 and I joined a race team this winter! So excited to run the gates again! Also, I am going to ski at Sugarloaf for the first time this winter! And I'm gonna meet some fellow skiers/boarders! Psyched!

kiki

Hi everybody!

I'm new to this forum. I don't know how to ski, but I want to learn this winter. I have many friends that ski regularly, and I want to be able to join them in their ski trips, it seems they always have a lot of fun!

Hope to get as much advice as I can from this forum!

pshydriad@gmail.com

Hi,

My name is PeggySue. I thought I had an account here but had to recreate it.

I like to ski with my 11 year old son Jeremy. Unfortunately, my husband and other son don't like skiing. (Sad, I know)

Right now, I am researching places to go over February vacation week.

ironhippy

Hey, my name is Jeremy and I have been lurking here for a while.

I live in Fredericton, NB Canada, about an hour away from Houlton Maine. Our local hill is Crabbe Mountain and is a decent hill, when we have enough snow.

I skied a lot as a kid, but then switched my focus to hockey at 9/10 years old when my parents told me I couldn't spend all weekends in a rink and a ski hill and forced me to choose one or the other.

In the last 10 years, I had been involved in endurance sports (adventure racing, hiking, biking, etc.) and wanted to get back into skiing around 2008/2009. I was snow shoeing all winter and I started looking into touring setups so I could ski up and down the hills (my attitude at that time was that a lift was too lazy and I would rather earn all my turns). However in the fall of 2009, I hurt my leg and it severely limited the amount of exercise I could do.

In 2012 I went skiing on a whim and discovered that lift accessed downhill skiing was (oddly enough) the near perfect activity for my injury. In 2013 and 2014 I skied more and more and it has helped my leg get a lot better, but it is still by far my limiting factor in all physical activities.

I skied 40 some days last year and made a few trips to quebec (mount saint anne and le massif). I was lucky enough to end up in Colorado this December for 2 days at Keystone and 2 days at Breckenridge. I am planning on chasing some powder in the Chic Choc mountains this winter.

IrekJanek

Hi everybody. A new member here. Hoping to get out there and enjoy the recent nice skiing weather.
Looking forward to learn something new.

Have a great season.

DaffyJeffy

Hi everyone, I'm new. I live at Sugarloaf. My life is pretty simple. I'm a husband and Dad, I ski in the winter and run trails in the summer. I piece together random work so I can raise my little girl at the best mountain in New England. Life is good.

As far as skiing, I'm a mogul-head and like things to be as untouched by corporate grooming as possible. I'm into vintage gear: I have a collection of Raichle Flexons and other random classic gear.

SkiVTMEgirl

Hey everyone,

My name is Sybil and I have just moved to Portland, ME. I love Maine! The skiing has been awesome this year so far except for a few really really cold days, but the snow is sticking and deep!

A little bit about myself: I am aspiring to become an architect with just a few more exams before I complete my licensure requirements. I have been skiing since I was 3 growing up in Vermont and have been hooked ever since. I even went to college based on where. The biggest mountains were (i.e CU Boulder). I am starting to get into tele and Nordic skiing with some back country adventuring a few times a year. I always like finding new people to ski and ride with (I like snowboarders too!!).

Looking forward to meeting you all this weekends, TOMORROW!!!

Sybil

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey everyone,

My name is Sybil and I have just moved to Portland, ME. I love Maine! The skiing has been awesome this year so far except for a few really really cold days, but the snow is sticking and deep!

A little bit about myself: I am aspiring to become an architect with just a few more exams before I complete my licensure requirements. I have been skiing since I was 3 growing up in Vermont and have been hooked ever since. I even went to college based on where. The biggest mountains were (i.e CU Boulder). I am starting to get into tele and Nordic skiing with some back country adventuring a few times a year. I always like finding new people to ski and ride with (I like snowboarders too!!).

Looking forward to meeting you all this weekends, TOMORROW!!!

Sybil

Welcome (officially) to AlpineZone! nice to meet you this past weekend at the summit!