• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Member Introductions Thread

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hi everyone, I'm new. I live at Sugarloaf. My life is pretty simple. I'm a husband and Dad, I ski in the winter and run trails in the summer. I piece together random work so I can raise my little girl at the best mountain in New England. Life is good.

As far as skiing, I'm a mogul-head and like things to be as untouched by corporate grooming as possible. I'm into vintage gear: I have a collection of Raichle Flexons and other random classic gear.

Welcome to AZ! Were you at the summit this past weekend? I don't think we met!

Love that raising your daughter the Sugarloaf is a priority - very cool!

Jcb890

1st post here guys.

I live in Central MA, so I head up North to Vermont, Maine and New Hampshire whenever I can.

- Jake

Dr.Smiles

Second post:
Skiing since I was 5. Top racer in high school at Lincoln-Sudbury. Team Captain at Wachusett mt. Race league. Building a house in Rangeley. Love Saddleback. Grew up at Mad River. My don coaches skiercross at CVA Sugarloaf.. Can't wait for the Rangeley house to be finished...

DaffyJeffy

Welcome to AZ! Were you at the summit this past weekend? I don't think we met!

Love that raising your daughter the Sugarloaf is a priority - very cool!

No I wasn't at the summit (although I did get some runs on Winters and Bubblecuffer Saturday afternoon).

Grizzly Adams

Whats up guys,

Originally from Upstate NY, currently a college student in Boston.. Been skiing since I could walk. Got on here to talk backcountry hot spots, steep n' deep pow stashes and whatever else you shred heads wanna throw my way.

Cheers and Pray For Snow,

Grizz

SHREDSHARE.io

Website
www.shredshare.io
Hi!

Long time listener, first time caller. Thanks for having me!

I work for a non profit called SHREDSHARE that's dedicated to ski and snowboard carpools. We want to make the mountains more accessible and promote conservation too. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.

MortgageBroker

Hey guys! Hopefully looking for people to ride the trees with at Killington!

As you are it's hard to find friends who don't grow out of the ski scene or just move away and can no longer make it to the mounting.

If anyone wants to ride ktown in there every weekend!

Looking forward to adding to my awesome group of riding friends.

Be well all!

dukester

Hello! Thanks for welcoming me to your forums. I'm a resident of the upper peninsula of Michigan. Spent years as a snowboarder but recently purchased an old chalet and there are several sets of skis on hand so I'm about to dive in to skiing.

tummystix

Hi Everyone,

I'm from the south windsor/manchester/vernon area of CT. One of your members, Steezus Christ, invited me on the trip to Maine at the end of the month so this is post #1 to get to the required post total of 5 to view the trip's thread. I've been on the snow since I was 2.5 years old (no joke) and have never looked back. Here's to a fun trip!

Pez

Greetings. I recently found this site while looking over the TGR message boards. Anyway been on skis since I could stand. I also love surfing but skiing is my first love. Glad to see there are others in the northeast who are as passionate / obsessed as I am. Here's to a better 16/17 season !

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Pez

Welcome Pez. Where do you usually ski?

Mostly at Blandford and Mount Snow with some Killington and Okemo thrown in. One of my goals was to head north of White River Juntion this winter, but that never happened.

Next year!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

NHSkier13

Well the email said why not post here
emphasis on why not
I'm from New Hampshire, as the name suggests. I'm just a teenager still but I ski pretty much anywhere up to 3 hours from home, my favorite is Waterville Valley, but some others I enjoy include Cannon, NH, Sunday River, ME, Gunstock, NH, Loon, NH, and all of those places. I learned to ski at McIntyre, only a minute or two from home, when I was 3 years old. I didn't go to my first bigger mountain until age 6, when I went to ragged. 2 Years later, I found my gem ; Waterville valley :)
I'm kind of a lift nut too, btw.

bvibert

Staff member
Well the email said why not post here
emphasis on why not
I'm from New Hampshire, as the name suggests. I'm just a teenager still but I ski pretty much anywhere up to 3 hours from home, my favorite is Waterville Valley, but some others I enjoy include Cannon, NH, Sunday River, ME, Gunstock, NH, Loon, NH, and all of those places. I learned to ski at McIntyre, only a minute or two from home, when I was 3 years old. I didn't go to my first bigger mountain until age 6, when I went to ragged. 2 Years later, I found my gem ; Waterville valley :)
I'm kind of a lift nut too, btw.

Welcome to the forums!

JaneGibb

Website
getverticalbysalewa.info
Hello Guys,

I have been reading this forum for a while since I got a lot of useful content for my trip plans. So I think I now decide to become a member so that I can contribute more to this lovely community :)

Thanks,
Jane