• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

crazy a$$ bike video

bvibert

Staff member

:lol: I've seen a lot of those clips before, oddly enough on one of Glen Plake's shows on RSN while staying at the Golden Lion by Sugarbush.

Jisch

That, my friends, is why I don't do drops. Yeah, I know most of what's in that video is big stuff, but just goes to show that one small issue or miscalculation can lead to something serious, even with a highly skilled rider who's done the stunt many times.

John

bvibert

Staff member
That, my friends, is why I don't do drops. Yeah, I know most of what's in that video is big stuff, but just goes to show that one small issue or miscalculation can lead to something serious, even with a highly skilled rider who's done the stunt many times.

John

You've put a lot more thought into it than I have. I don't do drops because I'm a wuss.

Jisch

No, its just a lot more thought into EXPLAINING why I'm a wuss :-D

John

bvibert

Staff member
I love the second to the last one where the guy in the green loses a shoe! :lol:

2knees

I love the second to the last one where the guy in the green loses a shoe! :lol:

You can hear the announcer say something like "what the hell...."

he goes over the first thing, disappears and then comes flying back into view all twisted and upside down.

its freakin great i tell ya!

JD

Website
hotmail.com
There is nothing funny about any of those. That is some dangerous shit, all those DHers are riding way out of control. If we saw wrecks like that on the hill while skiing, we hopefully would be concerned, not amused. Furthermore, If I saw anyone laughing after a wreck like any of those, I would prolly have words with that person. my $.02.

2knees

whoa there. i dont think anyone would laugh at a wreck like that in person. this was posted on youtube as entertainment. its nothing short of that. like any blooper reel you see on tv.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
It was posted on youtube sure enough, but laughing at those folks is like laughing at car wrecks. There are videos on youtube of near drownings and other very serious situations. I agree it is human nature to "rubberneck", but posting that as "funny" is in some pretty poor taste. Just my opinion here. I've seen and been involved in some pretty heinous wrecks and injuries on bikes....not a damn thing funny about it..sorry if I seem too agro, but c'mon...those people are getting seriously Fed up in some of those crashes...what if it was your kid?

bvibert

Staff member
whoa there. i dont think anyone would laugh at a wreck like that in person. this was posted on youtube as entertainment. its nothing short of that. like any blooper reel you see on tv.

Exactly, I would never laugh at someone who wrecked like that in person, well maybe once I saw they were alright. ;) I don't believe anyone was seriously injured in any of those crashes.

2knees

It was posted on youtube sure enough, but laughing at those folks is like laughing at car wrecks. There are videos on youtube of near drownings and other very serious situations. I agree it is human nature to "rubberneck", but posting that as "funny" is in some pretty poor taste. Just my opinion here. I've seen and been involved in some pretty heinous wrecks and injuries on bikes....not a damn thing funny about it..sorry if I seem too agro, but c'mon...those people are getting seriously Fed up in some of those crashes...what if it was your kid?

i guess we're just looking at it from two completely different angles.

to take your point of view, would i laugh at the wreck of Jeremy Lusk? god no, but the outcome was a terrible tragedy. I'm just assuming that since this was posted by the hillbillies guys, which apparently is an MTV show, that the riders involved came out ok.

sorry to offend.

Grassi21

This vid isn't crazy. But the opening trick he pulls off is sick. Its a progression so wait for it...