• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Field & Willey - Sunday 02-15-09

Mike P.

Date(s) Hiked: 02-15-2009

Trails(s) Hiked: Avalon & Willey Range Trail

Total Distance: 8.4 miles, approx 3,000 feet of elevation gain

Difficulty: moderate for winter, some steep spots

Conditions: packed in many spots, wandering a little bit off the packed trail would put you in up to your hip. After going in once, I wore my snowshoes.

Special Required Equipment: snowshoes very helpful, a couple of people did not have them that passed me so I can't say they were required.

Trip Report: Summits stayed in the clouds all day but the wind was not too bad & the temps were in the low 20's high teens. I could hear the helicopter over the Presidentials looking for the two Canadian hikers, I'm glad they were found. Got out to Willey without seeing one due to a fairly early start. Saw Trish from VFTT (did not know it was her) she had started even earlier but had also done Tom. Saw another dozen or so people. #39 of 48, 47th NH 4K (8 repeats)