Latest Netflix Selection? - Page 54

AlpineZone

Page 54 of 71 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Shawangunk great hiking and biking in this area fun getting high in the mountains of Hudson VAlle!
    Holy Rollers: about jews selling e, good movie. Paranormal Activity 3 good and scary, I liked it more then 2 one.

Shawangunk great hiking and biking in this area fun getting high in the mountains of Hudson VAlle!
    Rum Dairy : Hunter Thompson first book, Good movie

I rented "Take Shelter" last night on Amazon VOD. --> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675192/

It was good, a little slow going. Not sure how I felt about the ending of it. I don't really like when things are "open to interpretation" at the end of films, it makes me feel like I have no clue what really happened.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

2011/12 Days:
    12/20, 12/29, 1/11, 1/22, 1/25, 2/5,2/19, 3/30, 3/31, 4/1
    2012/13 Days: 12/27, 12/28, 1/5, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 3/21, 3/23, 3/24

Watched "Aspen Extreme" last night. I've had it in my saved list on Netflix for ages and they finally bought a copy so it popped into my queue.

It's one of the better ski movies I've seen. Not the usual slapstick and bad acting you get in ski movies, but more of a drama with passable acting and almost a fully baked story. It has some fairly extreme skiing too, which I wish there was more of. Could have used some frontal nudity to spice it up too, but then the acting quality would probably have gone down, so that's the trade off I guess.

Now I wish Netflix would get a copy of "The Edge of Never" since that's been sitting in my saved list too. If everyone would add that to their saved list then Netflix might buy a copy.

Just started Breaking Bad. Only on Episode 4 but I really like it. We have been looking for something to fill the void now that we are done Lost and How I Met Your Mother. The characters are likeable and the writing is quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I have Drive, Contagion, and Real Steel sitting here.
    Drive was realllllly slow. 1h 40min that could have been edited down to 45 minutes. The male lead basically didn't talk and there were long periods of silence.

Contagion was yet another "virus destroys the world" movie. No interesting twists.

Real Steel was way better than I was expecting. A Rambo-like remake but with robot boxers and a little kid written in. Unlike Star Wars v2.0 where the little kid was simply annoying, this one worked and the kid could actually act. Hugh Jackman did a good job. Evangeline Lilly is hot as hell but needed some gratuitous sex scenes that aren't in a PG-13 movie. She's in the upcoming Hobbit movies. I hope she lands some leather + guns & ammo parts like Underworld or Resident Evil.

Winebego Man was an aweomse documentary.

I also started watching 30 Rock. Easily one of the funniest shows I have ignored over the years.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Rum Dairy : Hunter Thompson first book, Good movie
    This sums it up for me: "The Rum Diary has no mighty gonzo wind. Even with a push from its Thompson-worshipping star, Johnny Depp, it leaves our freak flag limp." It has a lot of good elements that should have worked but for some reason it was flat.
    I wouldn't recommend it to anyone except fans of Johnny Depp (who gave a notable performance)...or anyone who is curious to see how beautiful Amber Heard can be.
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Netflix

We mostly stream netflix tv shows through our Roku. Usually Monk or Psych, but most recently Lilyhammer.. Netflix's own show! Its good. For a movie, we most recently received Contagion, it was decent.

Quote Originally Posted by KTammaro View Post
    We mostly stream netflix tv shows through our Roku. Usually Monk or Psych, but most recently Lilyhammer.. Netflix's own show! Its good. For a movie, we most recently received Contagion, it was decent.
    From Dusk Till Dawn is on Netflix IP streaming video. I love that movie.

Love and Other Drugs, Hugo, and The Tree of Life will be in my mailbox tomorrow.

Thread Information