• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Latest Netflix Selection?

Geoff

Nice selection, i just watched Planet of the Apes, i thought i like it better but no i didn't.

I'm glad I watched it once but I'd never consider buying a copy.

Any movie that is endorsed by PETA isn't going to be very good.

legalskier

Finally started "Breaking Bad" last night- first episode was a baptism by fire (literally!). Wife's not sure she likes it, but I do.

Geoff

I have Drive, Contagion, and Real Steel sitting here.

Moneyball was good. Midnight in Paris was watchable

I was streaming the first year of Monty Python last night. I own the box set but it's in my other house. Other than the "wink, wink. nudge, nudge. do ya know, do ya know" skit, the first four shows didn't have much that was memorable.

legalskier

Glenno

Breaking Bad is getting better with each episode...lot of character layers in this and of course the raw action is entertaining.

ScottySkis

Holy Rollers: about jews selling e, good movie. Paranormal Activity 3 good and scary, I liked it more then 2 one.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I rented "Take Shelter" last night on Amazon VOD. --> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1675192/

It was good, a little slow going. Not sure how I felt about the ending of it. I don't really like when things are "open to interpretation" at the end of films, it makes me feel like I have no clue what really happened.

speden

Watched "Aspen Extreme" last night. I've had it in my saved list on Netflix for ages and they finally bought a copy so it popped into my queue.

It's one of the better ski movies I've seen. Not the usual slapstick and bad acting you get in ski movies, but more of a drama with passable acting and almost a fully baked story. It has some fairly extreme skiing too, which I wish there was more of. Could have used some frontal nudity to spice it up too, but then the acting quality would probably have gone down, so that's the trade off I guess.

Now I wish Netflix would get a copy of "The Edge of Never" since that's been sitting in my saved list too. If everyone would add that to their saved list then Netflix might buy a copy.

BackLoafRiver

Just started Breaking Bad. Only on Episode 4 but I really like it. We have been looking for something to fill the void now that we are done Lost and How I Met Your Mother. The characters are likeable and the writing is quite good.

Geoff

I have Drive, Contagion, and Real Steel sitting here.

Drive was realllllly slow. 1h 40min that could have been edited down to 45 minutes. The male lead basically didn't talk and there were long periods of silence.

Contagion was yet another "virus destroys the world" movie. No interesting twists.

Real Steel was way better than I was expecting. A Rambo-like remake but with robot boxers and a little kid written in. Unlike Star Wars v2.0 where the little kid was simply annoying, this one worked and the kid could actually act. Hugh Jackman did a good job. Evangeline Lilly is hot as hell but needed some gratuitous sex scenes that aren't in a PG-13 movie. She's in the upcoming Hobbit movies. I hope she lands some leather + guns & ammo parts like Underworld or Resident Evil.

Grassi21

Winebego Man was an aweomse documentary.

I also started watching 30 Rock. Easily one of the funniest shows I have ignored over the years.

legalskier

Rum Dairy : Hunter Thompson first book, Good movie

This sums it up for me: "The Rum Diary has no mighty gonzo wind. Even with a push from its Thompson-worshipping star, Johnny Depp, it leaves our freak flag limp." It has a lot of good elements that should have worked but for some reason it was flat.
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone except fans of Johnny Depp (who gave a notable performance)...or anyone who is curious to see how beautiful Amber Heard can be.

KTammaro

Netflix

We mostly stream netflix tv shows through our Roku. Usually Monk or Psych, but most recently Lilyhammer.. Netflix's own show! Its good. For a movie, we most recently received Contagion, it was decent.

Geoff

We mostly stream netflix tv shows through our Roku. Usually Monk or Psych, but most recently Lilyhammer.. Netflix's own show! Its good. For a movie, we most recently received Contagion, it was decent.

From Dusk Till Dawn is on Netflix IP streaming video. I love that movie.

Love and Other Drugs, Hugo, and The Tree of Life will be in my mailbox tomorrow.