What lurks in the back of your fridge

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What lurks in the back of your fridge

so i was cleaning out the fridge last night, waaaay overdue on that task. in the back of one of the bottom drawers where we keep the veggies was a plastic tupperware container. against my better judgement, i opened it. i'm really not sure what it was originally, some kind of porkchop would be my best guess. I really should've taken a picture of this thing. It was morphing into quite the science project.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    so i was cleaning out the fridge last night, waaaay overdue on that task. in the back of one of the bottom drawers where we keep the veggies was a plastic tupperware container. against my better judgement, i opened it. i'm really not sure what it was originally, some kind of porkchop would be my best guess. I really should've taken a picture of this thing. It was morphing into quite the science project.
    My spouse is real good about purging the fridge each week on trash day, so I'm not usually worried about home...the fridge at work, however, usually has several science projects going on at the same time...

Ahhh, the weekly purge. I always find bits of onion, peppers, mushrooms or whatever was left over from a meal I prepared. I stick the left over ingredient in a baggie and toss it in the fridge for future use. Most times, this stuff never gets used and degenerates into a soupy mess.

Speaking of pork chops... we had some friends over for dinner. I made a couple of extra chops. I didn't want the dogs to get at them while we were eating so I stuffed the pan with the chops back into the cold oven so I can wrap them after dinner.... well, I found those chops a week later..... yuck....
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    Speaking of pork chops... we had some friends over for dinner. I made a couple of extra chops. I didn't want the dogs to get at them while we were eating so I stuffed the pan with the chops back into the cold oven so I can wrap them after dinner.... well, I found those chops a week later..... yuck....
    Speaking of pork...has anyone been having problems getting bad pre-packged pork?

Seems the last several times I've tried to get ribs, if they come packaged they are bad when I open them.

This has happened with pork loin as well. I only buy pork now if it's been wrapped in the supermarket...

lots of empty 6-pack containers..I reall just have some condiments in my fridge..I eat out or do take out 80% of the time..

Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    lots of empty 6-pack containers..I reall just have some condiments in my fridge..I eat out or do take out 80% of the time..
    so what do you cook for yourself the other 20% of the time?
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    so what do you cook for yourself the other 20% of the time?
    Usually steak, salmon and nachos??? Sometimes stirfrys. A typical trip to the grocery store for me is about $18

Quote Originally Posted by GrilledSteezeSandwich View Post
    Usually steak, salmon and nachos??? Sometimes stirfrys. A typical trip to the grocery store for me is about $18
    my culinary repetoire is pretty deep. but one of my favorite things to make is nachos on a sunday afternoon while watching football. chicken, ground beef, steak, pork, black beans, refried beans, black olives, green onion, salsa, sour cream, guac.... i've used them all at one point in time.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Speaking of pork...has anyone been having problems getting bad pre-packged pork?

Seems the last several times I've tried to get ribs, if they come packaged they are bad when I open them.

This has happened with pork loin as well. I only buy pork now if it's been wrapped in the supermarket...
    I've had that problem with the package pork to. Strangely, the stuff the sotre wraps is the same as comes in the package, but it doesn't get that funky smell. I don't know why. But, I don't buy the packed ribs anymore, even when they're a bargain.

As for my fridge, there's mostly a boatload of milk cartons with only 1-2 servings out, and the rest slowly turning to cheese. The only things I buy at teh gorcery store anymore are mac and cheese and coffee creamer- I eat probably 9 of 10 meals a week at work.
    "The trouble with internet quotations is that they're often impossible to verify."
    -Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
    I eat probably 9 of 10 meals a week at work.
    Wow..so you work alot and don't eat much..you must be skinny..

Thread Information