• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Quiver needs multiple skis

SkiDork

I want 4 pairs of skis. and a ferrari, and a beach house on Kuaia, and a pet llama, and a huge bag of Blow pops too.......

don't forget the Yaegerskank...

7120.jpg

2knees

don't forget the Yaegerskank...

7120.jpg

i was trying to be PC cause someone would think i dont love my wife as is......

on a serious note, i wouldnt be switching between practice bumpers and ones he uses strictly for comps. If you are gonna buy the F17's then i think an all-mtn ski for freeriding would be a wise decision. dont want to trash those things skiing off in the woods.

mondeo

Only reason I'd think you'd want different skis between practice and competition is to limit the wear on the comp sticks, so there's less a chance of breaking one when it counts. If you do go this route, I'd say you want the exact same ski for practice and comps. With the KMS group, I'd think there's be several kids doing this; could you pick up last year's comp skis from a kid who's outgrown them for practice sticks, and then get new ones of the same size & model for competition? Then either pass on that year's comp sticks to a younger competitor for their practice skis or use them as all-mountains next year.

SkiDork

Only reason I'd think you'd want different skis between practice and competition is to limit the wear on the comp sticks, so there's less a chance of breaking one when it counts..

Eggzactly.

I'm gonna try and do what you suggested and see if he can have multiple pairs in his quiver to accomodate this... Lord knows he deserves it...

Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep em comin.

SkiDork

Give him your old Fischers for knock arounds :lol:

he's almost ready for them - 166's

i need a new pair of kick ass all mountain skis - something big and burly.. - I've outgrown the race skis that I used to love...

But I digress - I know purchasing would shoot down the thought of buying a new ski..

Maybe I can design and build my own... Like Knuckledragger and Helmetcam...

Nahhhhh - I'm too unskilled....

Dork out..

BTW - keep the suggestions coming...

drjeff

I want 4 pairs of skis. and a ferrari, and a beach house on Kauai, and a pet llama, and a huge bag of Blow pops too.......

Fixed it for 'ya and the only reason I know how to spell that island's name is I just booked a trip there today for late September to attend a conference :)
plane.gif
chaise.gif
hula.gif