• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush, Vermont -- Unbelievable powder on 2/24

Skimaven

Website
www.skimaven.com
I had the best powder skiing day EVER in the East.

Sugarbush is among the Vermont resorts to get pummeled by snow over the last week or so. And on Monday the mountain closed at 10 am because the wild winds were too much for the chairlifts. So...my husband and I guessed that Tuesday could be the day to ski.

Still, I was unprepared for what I found on the Paradise trail off of the Heaven's Gate lift: two feet of powder, deeper in some places! I was laughing outloud as I took faceshots of powder. I felt like I had a constant milk mustache.

We did laps on Paradise in the morning, before heading over to Castlerock lift. These are both on the Lincoln Peak side of Sugarbush ski resort. A fellow skier was nice enough to point out some places where I could find powdery turns on the Castlerock run, while my husband was having a ball snowboarding in the woods.

Later I enjoyed the mellow Deeper Sleeper Glades off of the Gate House lift. A couple of cruising runs on wonderful packed powder wrapped up my day.

It was an absolutely fabulous day--deep, deep powder and blue skies. :grin:

I have photos and more details on my skiing blog at http://www.Skimaven.com.

danny p

cool blog, you have some really nice photos over there. I hear ya on the powder, some of the best days of my life!

Awesome..on powder days like that you always stay hydrated..as long as you ski with your mouth open..unless it's like Middle Earth was Saturday where you are choking..lol..it sounds like the bush handed out another skigasm!!!

Moe Ghoul

Mrv 2/22-2/26

Skied MRG on Mon.....shwing. North was closed and we heard South opened a few lifts later that morning. Sugarbush Tue-Thurs. Snow was unreal.

Shot of Middle Earth.

Last edited: