• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I've got a treat for you bacon lovers!

wa-loaf

dar-days-9.jpg

Mpdsnowman

When it comes to bacon I know it well... I work at a denny's lol..

ever try a sundae with bacon...they are the best! try it.
20110331-dennys-sundae.jpg

drjeff

When it comes to bacon I know it well... I work at a denny's lol..

ever try a sundae with bacon...they are the best! try it.
20110331-dennys-sundae.jpg

I haven't had an ice cream sundae with bacon (yet), but I have had a brownie a la mode with bacon pieces and chocolate sauce on top. AMAZING!!

Mpdsnowman

when they came out with this most around were like "ehhhh I dont know" but ill tell ya it was a huge hit! the crunchiness of the bacon melts with the ice cream. Talk about satisfying salt and sugar at the same time..

and as you mixed it down it got even better.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Make your water in bacon

The video above tells the tale, but water frying over low heat for longer periods will both keep your whole house from smoking up and smelling like bacon, and it'll keep you from having to heat up the oven just to cook a quick breakfast. Granted, the water method may take as long as baking your bacon (my favorite method), but if you prefer taste of pan-fried bacon to oven-baked, this method will work well for you—plus it renders out most of the fat nicely so you don't have a pool of bacon grease to clean up (which can be a pro or a con depending on whether you want to reuse that fat for something else!)