• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skier Intervention banner ad

ctenidae

I've got "I'm gonna ski some sense into ya', Laddy" stuck in my head in an awful Scottish accent.

bvibert

Staff member
ctenidae said:
I use Firefox at home. The banner ad still shows up.

You would need to use an extension like Adblock to block it... I'm not blocking them though, sure that guy is kinda annoying, but I don't care... I see ads as a necessary evil to keep sites like this free.

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
ctenidae said:
I use Firefox at home. The banner ad still shows up.

You would need to use an extension like Adblock to block it... I'm not blocking them though, sure that guy is kinda annoying, but I don't care... I see ads as a necessary evil to keep sites like this free.
Well said, B...

Moving to feedback.

Vortex

Adds so I can play for free.... That is ok with me. Plus I'm a sales guy I love marketing. not to mention that pass is the best deal in the industry IMO. I bought 1

skijay

I can not even see the ads, my company started to block them on this site. Did the coding change?

Greg

Staff member
Brettski said:
I didn't say anything about needing advertisment..it's just very cheesey...
The whole Skier Intervention concept is unique. I have to imagine it's useful for creating a buzz, but the ads that are displaying don't even touch on the components of the program that I feel are most compelling. For example, did you know that:
  • Get 5+ friends to buy a pass and you'll get a free upgrade of your own All for One Pass to the next level.
  • Be one of the 1st 500 people to refer a friend who purchases a pass and get a Free Lift Ticket. Use it on a black-out day if you have a pass, or pay it forward by giving it to a friend.
  • Get 3+ friends to buy a pass and get a free lift ticket voucher good at any ASC eastern resort during the 2005/2006 season.
I didn't know about these benefits from the ad creative or even looking at the "Skier Intervention" Web site. My guess is folks would be excited about being able to upgrade their passes or get free lift tickets. Those are the items I would key on in the ad creative. What do I know though...

bvibert

Staff member
Am I the only one that thinks that guy in the ad looks kinda like thetrailboss?

BeanoNYC

Greg said:
  • Get 5+ friends to buy a pass and you'll get a free upgrade of your own All for One Pass to the next level.
  • Be one of the 1st 500 people to refer a friend who purchases a pass and get a Free Lift Ticket. Use it on a black-out day if you have a pass, or pay it forward by giving it to a friend.
  • Get 3+ friends to buy a pass and get a free lift ticket voucher good at any ASC eastern resort during the 2005/2006 season.

Looks like an old fashioned pyramid scheme ;) JK

thetrailboss

Staff member
Gotta love Firefox! :beer: Though I've noticed that someone has now hyperlinked the sites below the blanked out banners.