• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What do i buy?

ZYDECORICH

ok, i need a second pair of ski's. the atomic 180 beta rides i have now are a few years old still fine, but are a race ski. i need a good all around pair for the bumps and powder with good manuverability, somthing lighter shorter perhaps and wider? i used to ski 205"s long ago but keep moving down. i'm just starting to research this and hope i can find a decent pair on sale after the season. i know you guys have all the answers so let me start here. i'm 6 ft 215. have at it boys and girls. thanks!

Mildcat

Dynastar Legend 8000's. Good in pow, bumps, trees, and even good on groomers. If you look around you can always find some dirt cheap.

TheBEast

K2 Apache Recons.....I love my pair. Great all around ski for the woods, bumps, hardpack, powder, etc. Powder is probably it's weakest point (due to the float issue), but my Volki Mantras kill that category (and they love hard pack too). Can't go wrong with the Recons.