Avoid This Online Gear Shop

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Avoid This Online Gear Shop

I ordered a set of Volkl 12Ft Tigershark Powerswitch 168cm skis and Tecnica 100 Dragon Boots for 1198.00 on 2/15 from 02 Gear Shop.

At the time, the skis were in stock according to John from Customer Service. The skis did not ship until 2/25 (10 days after ordering) by UPS.

I had a trip planned to Deer Valley for 3/4-3/7 and I was assured I would have the skis by 3/4.

The skis arrived on 3/3 (16 days after the order was placed).

I opened the box.....and found that O2 Gear Shop had sent the WRONG skis. I called O2 Gear Shop on 3/3 and asked them to overnight the correct skis to Deer Valley so that my trip could be salvaged. Customer Service told me that they could do nothing for me. John from Customer Service further told me that rectifying the mistake by overnighting the skis "was too expensive". (After I had placed a 1200.00 order with them.)

Due to O2 Gear Shop's mistake, I have already missed one day of skiing. I have purchased a set of skis from a local shop in Park City that will arrive tomorrow.

I hope this will serve as a lesson to all readers to weigh the pros and cons of purchasing online. I went with O2 Gear Shop to save a couple hundred bucks and ultimately this cost me a day of skiing. I hope this post gives everyone something to think about. As for me, I will go with local shop next time and forego the headache of saving a couple of bucks.
    Last edited by 2k7997tt; Mar 5, 2009 at 1:11 AM.

Question, how many other forums have you gone on to ruin this shop?

Just stating that I made a mistake by not supporting the local ski shop initially.

he's not the first person they've done this to. They don't have everything listed on their site in stock and ready to ship...so lag time for them to place the order with the vendor, the vendor to ship to them and then they ship to you. I'm intimately aware of this happening with O2 before. They play fast and loose...better online dealers to work with out there...ski depot right in Maine or backcountry.com to name a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastpowderhound View Post
    he's not the first person they've done this to. They don't have everything listed on their site in stock and ready to ship...so lag time for them to place the order with the vendor, the vendor to ship to them and then they ship to you. I'm intimately aware of this happening with O2 before. They play fast and loose...better online dealers to work with out there...ski depot right in Maine or backcountry.com to name a couple.

Well good to know. 2k7997tt, I apologize, it's just that this is your first and only post on this board. Most definitely good to know.

A good lesson on the pitfalls of ordering online. I would never order boots online as it very important to try them on to make sure they fit. Why didn't you rent skis so as not to miss a day of skiing on your trip?
    www.firstlightphotographics.com

" Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all -- in which case, you fail by default,"

To beat the grim reaper in life it's not about how long you live but how you live it.

HA, he posted this on EpicSki too.

The biggest reality check is, even if O2 Gear did mess up, which they apparently did in this case, you can't blame anyone for missing a day of skiing. C'mon, you can demo, rent or buy skis. In fact, I'm guessing that you could easily have demo'd from a shop that would credit your demo fee toward your purchase.

Shame on O2 for not stepping up and making it right when they messed up.
    Shame on YOU for not taking charge of your happiness, and seizing your ski day!
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

Who the hell pays $1200 for skis? That's more than my entire quiver cost!

For that price I would expect better service.

ETA: missed the boots. Not as horrendous as I initially thought.
    Last edited by roark; Mar 5, 2009 at 1:57 PM.

A friend told me about this shop. He said that another friend got great deals on it. Looked at the prices and told my friend that those weren't good prices at all. Told him that his friend wasn't looking hard enough for gear. In my book, I only scoop up skis if it's below 50% MSRP.
    "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." - H. D. Thoreau

Complaining about not having brand new tigersharks with which to slay deer valley? I appreciate the public service announcement, but that's a post begging to be mocked, even on this friendly forum.

Thread Information