• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Yummie festival foods.

BeanoNYC

All this talk about potato chips got me thinking about last night. I went to the Feast of San Genero last night in Little Italy. Like every other year I overdid it with beer and food:

1 Sausage (Hot not sweet) and Pepper Hero
1 Steak and cheese hero
1 stuffed artichoke
6 clams on the half shell
6 zeppoles
10 deep fried oreos
1 mozzerapia (sp?)
10+ Stella Artois :beer:

.........I may go back today for some brocciole.......

Needless to say, Moderation at the feast is out of the question.....for me at least.

I love festival foods. I'm a big fan of parking lot food at concerts too .....mmmmmmmmm veggie burritos .........

What's some of your favorite festival/lot foods?

skijay

Deep fried Twinkies. I have not seen them in two years at any fair that I have been to around here :cry:

dmc

Funnel cake with bravarian cream on them...
Italian sausage sandwiches...
Zepoles..

My favorites...

And of course veggie burritos in GD and Phish parking lots...

skijay

zeppoles

Are these the rice & meat balls about the size of a golf ball or a baseball?

Joshua B

Beano, 10 fried Oreos...that's a lotta sweet!

My favorite annual fair is in Topsfield, MA (September 30 - Oct 10). My lineup is usually:

a couple ears of corn on the cob
baked potato with broccoli and cheese
glazed cashews
apple crisp

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Being festival food vendors(our 14th year) I see a wide variety of food at craft fairs and music festivals. We just got back from the Common Ground Fair in central Maine where everything and I mean everything has to be certified organic. We had a great weekend selling a record 2000+ sandwiches.

My favorite festival food is the clam chowdah at Common Ground...best I ever had. I eat it pretty much every year, despite lots of other great choices. I also had some deep fried shitaki mushrooms which were very good.

There used to be great chowder at the Castleberry Fair at the Topsfield Fairgrounds but he stopped coming.

In two weeks we will be at the Arts in the Park festival in Rut-Vegas, that's Rutland, Vt(my wife's hometown) to you non-Vermonters. As I have mentioned a few times before any AZ member who comes to our booth gets a free lunch. It's less than an hour from the Bush. :beer:

noski

ski_resort_observer said:
In two weeks we will be at the Arts in the Park festival in Rut-Vegas, that's Rutland, Vt(my wife's hometown) to you non-Vermonters. As I have mentioned a few times before any AZ member who comes to our booth gets a free lunch. It's less than an hour from the Bush. :beer:

Sorry to miss it. Rut-Vegas is right! By-the-jeezes, they have 2 McDonalds! I never seen the beat of it! I went south once and saw all that. Trailboss will be happy to know I was a Kingdom girl before moving prett'near halfway down the state the MRV.

BeanoNYC

Joshua B said:
Beano, 10 fried Oreos...that's a lotta sweet!

My favorite annual fair is in Topsfield, MA (September 30 - Oct 10). My lineup is usually:

a couple ears of corn on the cob
baked potato with broccoli and cheese
glazed cashews
apple crisp

I went to this with the intention of stuffing myself.

SkiJay
Zeppoles a glob of italian funnel cake dough fried and covered in confectioners sugar.

zeppole-stack.jpg

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Mmm... we have the annual Woodstock Fair here, biggest in CT, oldest continous running fair in the US.... (I think).

I have a list of food I usually try and kill over the weekend (always Labor Day weekend). It normally includes, clam chowder, corn, baked potato, pancakes, egg sandwiches, chili, big raised donuts, lots of ice cream, shakes and sundaes from the Lion's Booth (parent's are members, I always work), apple crisp, Ray's french fries, roast beef sandwich, Sunflower pizza...

There are more but it would be a long list. I usually patronize the non profits first and most frequently.

Wow...that was a few months before I went veg. My how time flies.

I'm a vegetarian for today until I heat up my leftover steak..

The Allentown fair is coming up in a little more than a week. Elephant ears, steak/sausage sandwiches, Gyros, PA Dutch favorites like Shoo Fly Pie..ice cream between two waffles..and root beer floats..not to mention the beer garden..

Good people watching..lots of mullets and skullets..especially on free day..

Grassi21

Deep fried Twinkies. I have not seen them in two years at any fair that I have been to around here :cry:

No need to find them. Was hanging with the boys destroying some 1/2 lb burgers and the topic of fried whatever came up. I ran to the grocery store and grabbed oreos, twinkies, and devil dogs. I used tempura batter on them. Sooooooooo good. I could eat 10 fried oreos no problem.

Fried dough, baby.

We are about to head out to the Bridgewater Fair. The wife and I both said the one thing we want is fried dough. Mmm. Need to have some blueberries before we go....

Grassi21

Wow...that was a few months before I went veg. My how time flies.

I was reading this thread top to bottom and I was wondering what was up with the meat until I saw the date. You have a good streak going without meat man. Good on you. I don't think I could last that long.

wa-loaf

Being festival food vendors(our 14th year) I see a wide variety of food at craft fairs and music festivals. We just got back from the Common Ground Fair in central Maine where everything and I mean everything has to be certified organic. We had a great weekend selling a record 2000+ sandwiches.

My favorite festival food is the clam chowdah at Common Ground...best I ever had. I eat it pretty much every year, despite lots of other great choices. I also had some deep fried shitaki mushrooms which were very good.

There used to be great chowder at the Castleberry Fair at the Topsfield Fairgrounds but he stopped coming.

Do you still do this? I get up to the Common Ground every couple of years. My dad had a food stand there back in the early 80's.

o3jeff

I don't think I could go 2-3 days without some form of meat, I never feel full if i have just a salad or veggies and I can't eat that tofu/bocca stuff.