• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The downfall to early season ski shopping, etc...

DEVO

OK so we spent some time debating which seasons pass to buy, talked about skiing, started looking at equipment, went shopping for ski equipment and clothing, started reading and posting again on this and other ski sites, and now....it's still only Sept 26 and I am dying to ski! Anyone else (I am sure everone else) starting to get real antsy??

It probably doesn't help that a friend and his kids just got back from Chile where they had fresh every day. AAAGGHH!!!

Greg

Staff member
Post more here. It's the only thing that helps... ;)

dmc

DEVO said:
Anyone else (I am sure everone else) starting to get real antsy??

I wake up - look out the window and see ski trails... And now they mowed them - I know ski season is getting closer...

Yeah... It's getting to me...

Vortex

The biggest down fall is I got my Credit card bill for all the early season gear I bought. I buy the passses while I'm still skiing the previous season and get gear late summer early fall. Hopefully I'm done. Just waiting with very little patience for my 1st turns as well.

bvibert

Staff member
The amount of time that I've spent checking this forum should be some indication to how antsy I am... ;)

ctenidae

I'm dying over here. Had my boots on for 45 minutes last night, just to make sure they still fit.

Greg

Staff member
DEVO said:
Greg said:

will it make it snow??
Yes. It has been proven that the more you post here, the sooner it will snow. In fact, if you continue to post frequently throughout the ski season, you will be assured of many many powder days.

Right, everybody? ;) :roll:

bvibert

Staff member
ctenidae said:
I'm dying over here. Had my boots on for 45 minutes last night, just to make sure they still fit.

The truth comes out, you said it was only a 1/2 hour in this thread! ;)

I've been thinking of pulling my boots out to try em on, but I haven't had much free time while at home...

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
DEVO said:
Greg said:

will it make it snow??
Yes. It has been proven that the more you post here, the sooner it will snow. In fact, if you continue to post frequently throughout the ski season, you will be assured of many many powder days.

Right, everybody? ;) :roll:

Thats the theory that I've been working to... :)

ctenidae

The truth comes out, you said it was only a 1/2 hour in this thread!

I may have been drunk at the time.

:beer:

bvibert

Staff member
ctenidae said:
The truth comes out, you said it was only a 1/2 hour in this thread!

I may have been drunk at the time.

:beer:

Thats acceptable then ;) :beer:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I was in my ski boots this weekend as well. Not for that long... but I was dead sober.

I also put my skis down on my bedroom floor and stepped in hold my poles and everything. I probably looked a bit funny.

I'm getting insanely antsy. I want snow now.

highpeaksdrifter

I'm going to Whiteface for the Oct. Feat this weekend. Some how just being there and seeing people I ski with, talking about the upcoming season, helps me deal with waiting for snow. I still ain't easy waiting though.

awf170

bvibert said:
The amount of time that I've spent checking this forum should be some indication to how antsy I am... ;)

ohh ya, didnt i have like 200 more posts then you a month ago, and now you like 300 ahead of me. And i thought i was bad :roll:

skididdie

ive been dying for the season to start since i took my last turns on april 1st at waterville. ive been watching ski movies all summer long thanks to darwin (btw darwin, i want my sweatshirt back!!) and now that ive got my skiing mag subscription ive been talking a little more time taking care of business....if ya know what i mean. :eek:

highpeaksdrifter

skididdie said:
ive been dying for the season to start since i took my last turns on april 1st at waterville. ive been watching ski movies all summer long thanks to darwin (btw darwin, i want my sweatshirt back!!) and now that ive got my skiing mag subscription ive been talking a little more time taking care of business....if ya know what i mean. :eek:

Cool handle. And I do know what you mean. I always have a ski mag at the ready.