• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your Favorite Sundown Trip Reported.

Grassi21

must a negative comment about Killington appear in every thread? You Sundown skiers are rookies in the hate department...be a K skier/rider and then you will know hate....j/k:grin:

the negative comment was not about killington. i enjoy the trips i make to kmart. my comment was directed at the online communities that had an opportunity to interface with killington managment. from what i remember, didn't certain members of kzone take advantage of this opportunity and became disrespectful and confrontational with management? i do admit to being a random kzone lurker so excuse me if i don't know the back story.

edit - and i guess the other point i was trying to make was that one hill (kmart) has more than one online community set up for it. did the kzone crew require all talk of sugarbush, mrg, stowe or any other hill get kicked to another forum?

icedtea

the negative comment was not about killington. i enjoy the trips i make to kmart. my comment was directed at the online communities that had an opportunity to interface with killington managment. from what i remember, didn't certain members of kzone take advantage of this opportunity and became disrespectful and confrontational with management? i do admit to being a random kzone lurker so excuse me if i don't know the back story.

I think it was more of reaction to the lack of communication and double speak by certain individuals.

danny p

I'm just joking around...trying to lighten up the AZ environment...

edit: wow post 666, i'm getting off the computer for a while!

Grassi21

I think it was more of reaction to the lack of communication and double speak by certain individuals.

thanks for the clarification icedtea. my original point is that kzone offers discussions on many NE ski area. why does alpinezone have to have a separate forum or site for just sundown talk?

Grassi21

I'm just joking around...trying to lighten up the AZ environment...

i hear you. i didn't think you were trying to flame me. i was just trying to clarify my original post. i think the obvious solution is to ban andyzee from all online skiing forums. even killington access road... :lol:

icedtea

thanks for the clarification icedtea. my original point is that kzone offers discussions on many NE ski area. why does alpinezone have to have a separate forum or site for just sundown talk?

It is really easy not to click on those threads. Although most discussion on http://www.KillingtonZone.com is about Killington and that area. It may make sense to separate the Sundown stuff for a better run forum, but as said above, it is really easy not to click on those threads.

Grassi21

It is really easy not to click on those threads. Although most discussion on http://www.KillingtonZone.com is about Killington and that area. It may make sense to separate the Sundown stuff for a better run forum, but as said above, it is really easy not to click on those threads.

true. in general i could care less about all of this. this is one of those work days were all i want to do is walk out the door and attend a lengthy safety meeting. 8)

icedtea

true. in general i could care less about all of this. this is one of those work days were all i want to do is walk out the door and attend a lengthy safety meeting. 8)

Story of my life!!! :beer:

2knees

heres the one thing i think may be helpful.

in terms of the general forum and the trips and events forum, we could basically have one thread running constantly to cover most of what is of the sundown crew's interest. that way, the rest of the members would have only one thread to avoid in each forum. obviousy, at times, there could be exceptions to this, but the meetup thing probably can be covered easily by one thread.

as far as the tr section, i use that to judge whether or not i want to go. i USE it. its more helpful then their website and looking out the window. just recently o3Jeff spared me a trip out there and $45 by posting one pic. so in there, i say deal with it......

Grassi21

heres the one thing i think may be helpful.

in terms of the general forum and the trips and events forum, we could basically have one thread running constantly to cover most of what is of the sundown crew's interest. that way, the rest of the members would have only one thread to avoid in each forum. obviousy, at times, there could be exceptions to this, but the meetup thing probably can be covered easily by one thread.

as far as the tr section, i use that to judge whether or not i want to go. i USE it. its more helpful then their website and looking out the window. just recently o3Jeff spared me a trip out there and $45 by posting one pic. so in there, i say deal with it......

good points mr. knees.

Greg

Staff member
outside of having an excuse to bust on andy, does anyone actually care what he thinks?

the dude can barely stand up on skis......

I found it interesting that someone who's so annoyed and agitated by Sundown threads starts a.......Sundown thread. :roll: Even more ironic that it's a mountain that he would certainly find challenging, and he might actually have fun there. I mean honestly, how much more of a mountain does he really need?

If there was suddenly a lot of Mountain Creek discussions and I came in here and tried to stifle any of that, I would immediately be labeled a dictator. Sorry folks, we're keeping it status quo. It's not like it's the same person over and over starting Sundown threads. There's a large group of us. Deal with it.

I would love to see more large groups of AZers interacting at various mountains and posting about it here. I actually give GSS some props - he's seemed to form a sort of Blue Crew. Like has been said many times before, if you're not interested in Sundown, just don't read the threads. Painfully simple.

Madroch

This one time at Sundown.... let the band camp threads stay!

Vortex

No issue from me. My point there is enough intrest for a break out. IMO.

Greg is right you can just not read the threads.

I read some of the Misc stuff, trip and events and the main ski page.

I'm not into the mtn bike, trip reports or gear threads much.
I don't dislike them.

Andy is just firing up the gang.

The river board kind of does what 2knees said with a few threads. ie the Red sox one. They just leave it there and let it go. 2knees your point again about a trip report effected if you bought a ticket. I see why they have value. More than one way to do it.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bob, I don't think there would be a back and forth if the Sundown haters would shut up and ski. I guess it helps them pass time during the day and gives them something to complain about. The Sundown jabs and retaliation is all a waste of time if you ask me.

I honestly don't care about what folks talk about. What concerns me is this animosity that has developed between those that ski Sundown and those that don't.

The goal for the site:

AlpineZone.com is a premiere resource for Northeast Skiing. We provide objective information including ski resort profiles, ski & stay packages, and ski conditions updated twice daily.

We also offer extensive information on Northeast Hiking, from light day hikes to extreme backpacking in the Green and White Mountains of Vermont and New Hampshire, the Adirondacks and Catskills of New York, the Berkshires of Massachusetts, and peaks in other areas in the Northeast.

We host a popular Message Forum where our members can discuss Northeast skiing and hiking as well as miscellaneous topics. Our forum members also have the ability to upload images from the various skiing and hiking adventures to our Image Gallery.

The AlpineZone Lodging section offers access to hundreds of hotels, bed & breakfasts, inns and resorts throughout the Northeast, including many smaller, independently-owned properties you won't find anywhere else at savings of up to 70% off retail rates.

We also offer an extensive online outdoor Gear Store, which includes hiking & backpacking gear, skis, snowboards, snowshoes, clothing, and many other outdoor-related items. Thanks for stopping by!

Our aim always has been a broad-based regional approach. That has always worked out well.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
i hear you. i didn't think you were trying to flame me. i was just trying to clarify my original post. i think the obvious solution is to ban andyzee from all online skiing forums. even killington access road... :lol:

outside of having an excuse to bust on andy, does anyone actually care what he thinks?

the dude can barely stand up on skis......

Damn, where is the love?:beer:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
no love, just a pissing match. are we done now?

drunken%20smilie.gif