• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Auction: 173 cm K2 Cabrawler mogul skis w/ Look PX12s

Madroch

So replace them with a good all-mountain ski. Like the Cabrawler.

I may have missed the joke there... or I still have a lot to learn about skis, but I would never have considered the cabrawler an all mountain ski... :oops:

mondeo

I may have missed the joke there... or I still have a lot to learn about skis, but I would never have considered the cabrawler an all mountain ski... :oops:
Technically it's not, but out of the ~100 days I've skied over the last 3 years, I've done a total of 4 runs not on mogul skis. Only thing they're missing for me is capability in 8" of fresh or more. With as much time as you spend in the bumps, you need a soft tip. Not soft for a race ski, just soft. A bump ski does better on groomers than a race ski does in the bumps.

However, I've never actually skied an actual all-mountain ski.

Greg

Staff member

Popular believe is bump skis are horrible out of the bumps. If the snow is edgeable and not too deep, they're fine. These suckers could use a tune though!

bvibert

Staff member
Popular believe is bump skis are horrible out of the bumps. If the snow is edgeable and not too deep, they're fine. These suckers could use a tune though!

Even my bump skis, which have never been tuned, do well outside the bumps. When they were new, and the edges were still sharp (not rounded over like they are now) they had really good edge hold on firm snow. Even now, with the edges beat to crap, they do fine, just not on really hard stuff.

EDIT: BTW - someone buy his skis so I'll stop being tempted to buy some short girlie skis... :eek: :p

Greg

Staff member
EDIT: BTW - someone buy his skis so I'll stop being tempted to buy some short girlie skis... :eek: :p

Hmm. We have the same BSL right? :idea: You could crank the DIN a bit and be on your way! ;) Plus they're nice and untuned just the way you like them. :lol:

BTW, not sure it matters, but I've always skied these skis on the same feet so the new owner could swap sides for a fresh outside edge. I checked the camber last night. Flattening out a tad, but there is still some life left. I'm not exactly a heavy guy so I would expect them to last someone another year of ripping at least.

Greg

Staff member
And with that, another one officially joins the C.L.I........uh....Sundown Mogul Crew. ;)

gmcunni

Et tu, Brute?
set1_36.gif

Grassi21

I suspect once you close up that stance a little bit, you'll come around... ;)

got the nordicas back yesterday. it will be nice to close up the stance with the 78s vs. the 105s.... hoping for some soft snow this afternoon...