• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Embedded Images Now Automatically Resized

Greg

Staff member
It's been a constant struggle with folks embedding images in their posts that are so large that it results in the need to scroll left and right making threads very difficult to read. I have installed an image resize mod that will automatically resize an image down to 400 pixels wide. Clicking on the image will now bring up the full-sized version in a new window.

Lostone

Great move!

I have been wanting something like this for... well, since I saw the first image that made me do the right-left-right shuffle. :roll:

Thanx! :)

loafer89

If I am included in the list of people cluttering up pages with large images I apologize, some of those trail maps are simply huge.

Greg

Staff member
loafer89 said:
If I am included in the list of people cluttering up pages with large images I apologize, some of those trail maps are simply huge.
No worries. Those nostalgic scans are awesome and now we have a solution that accomodates them better. Post away!

loafer89

I am trying to find a way to scan and post the topo map of Killington in a fine scale detail for all to see. I tried last night, but the reduced size has poor resolution, it is hard to see the elevation contour lines.

I think that I also have a Sunday River topo map.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Does this do embedded images or

Greg

Staff member
MichaelJ said:
Does this do embedded images or tags or both?[/quote]
Not sure what you mean. I consider embedded images ones that use the [IMG] tag...

Lostone

am trying to find a way to scan and post the topo map of Killington in a fine scale detail for all to see. I tried last night, but the reduced size has poor resolution, it is hard to see the elevation contour lines.

Greg's new format is your solution. You can post an image as large as you can host. It will show as a 400 X 400, and those who want to see it will be able to click the image to go to your page for the large image... if they can handle the download time. :wink: