• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski of choice

Madroch

Greg's Used Cabrawlers... obviously.. second- Mondeo's Twisters.

jack97

head mogul, not that it's my dream ski but I want to try a straighter and stiffer ski.

btw, for Greg's asking price or less, it sounds like a good deal. It gives you a chance to try a mogul ski for a season or two and go on from there. Only thing stopping me is 173 is too long.

btw 2, I ski on the twister also. Way before, Greg and Mondeo got theirs.... so I'm not chasing those characters around. Hmmm I got the Kryptons earlier too.

mondeo

head mogul, not that it's my dream ski but I want to try a straighter and stiffer ski.

btw, for Greg's asking price or less, it sounds like a good deal. It gives you a chance to try a mogul ski for a season or two and go on from there. Only thing stopping me is 173 is too long.

btw 2, I ski on the twister also. Way before, Greg and Mondeo got theirs.... so I'm not chasing those characters around. Hmmm I got the Kryptons earlier too.
But did you get the Krypton/Twister combo before or after powbmps?

I'd go with powbmps's set up. 182 Twister with FKS bindings.

bvibert

Staff member

Should have picked them up a couple of summers ago when they were only $99 at Level Nine Sports.

If you ever get to Sundown when I'm there you can try mine out. I had the misfortune to have demo bindings installed on them...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I like my skis. But if I could get any pair for free, I'd probably pick the Volkl Auras. They're beyond my ability right now but I plan on growing into them. And the graphics are nice, too. :D

jack97

But did you get the Krypton/Twister combo before or after powbmps?

I'd go with powbmps's set up. 182 Twister with FKS bindings.

he gave me a heads up on the twister; two years ago he posted that he just picked up a pair half price at a shop in Killington, got mine two weeks afterwards. Didn't know he had the Kryptons tho, I got mine right after getting schooled by Evan. Don't know when he got his, i recall he told me read good things about at tetron gravity site.

jack97

Should have picked them up a couple of summers ago when they were only $99 at Level Nine Sports.

If you ever get to Sundown when I'm there you can try mine out. I had the misfortune to have demo bindings installed on them...

i know :( but I just got my twister then and couldn't justify getting another mogul ski.

Looks like I'm not getting any flak for going out this w/e, could be a green light for Sunday. Are you going to be there? Don't really care about trying out the heads, more psyched about hitting the soft bumps.

bvibert

Staff member
I'm going to be at Sundown on one of the days this weekend. It was originally supposed to be Saturday, but I'm trying to move it to Sunday since it looks like that's when everyone is going to be there.

Greg

Staff member
btw, for Greg's asking price or less, it sounds like a good deal. It gives you a chance to try a mogul ski for a season or two and go on from there.

Exactly my thinking. There's easily a year left in those. Good chance to check out whether bump ski is right for you for cheap.

For me, I'm exited about the Twister (scheduled for delivery tomorrow BTW. Yay!) Wanted a pair for a while. As for anything else, I really don't need anything. I love the Legends as the mid-fat. Might like to get a fatter ski someday. Was considering a Watea 94, but mondeo's head might explode thinking I'm copying him. :roll: Still wouldn't mind a slalom ski like a Fischer RX8 or something.

drjeff

I don't believe that anyone makes what I REALLY want. My ski of choice would have about an 11 to 12 meter radius sidecut, max out at about 140 in the tip, mid 90's underfoot and a good 120/125 in the tail and have an overall flex pattern that's about 80-85% of a slalom race board. Put that into a 170-175cm ski with some snazzy graphics both top skin and base and I'd plunk down the VISA card in a heartbeat :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
I don't believe that anyone makes what I REALLY want. My ski of choice would have about an 11 to 12 meter radius sidecut, max out at about 140 in the tip, mid 90's underfoot and a good 120/125 in the tail and have an overall flex pattern that's about 80-85% of a slalom race board. Put that into a 170-175cm ski with some snazzy graphics both top skin and base and I'd plunk down the VISA card in a heartbeat :)

http://www.icelanticboards.com/#/skis/detail/scout

short and a bit wider in the waste than what you're asking for, but......this might be as close as you'll find to what you're looking for.

drjeff

Philpug

The new Blossom built 84 waisted Vist would be on the top of my list. Past that, I really am in lust with the Blizzard Magnum 8.7's right now.