Does anybody still not wear a helmet??? - Page 24

AlpineZone

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    In the future we'll all be charged an insurance surcharge for every dangerous activity we undertake. Some actuary will figure out how many people partake in whatever risky activity, and figure out a dollar value for each thing. Smoking: $40 a month. Skiing: $5 a month. Mountain biking: $5 a month. Being fat: $15 a month. We'll just lie to insurance companies and tell them we don't do those things, but then they'll use the surveillance state to spy on our habits and charge us with insurance fraud.

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by mattchuck2 View Post
    I don't usually wear a helmet. I think they look douchey and I love skiing warm spring bumps with just sunglasses or goggles on my head. If I found a helmet that looked okay and didn't make me look like every smarmy gaper on the hill I'd wear one, but that helmet hasn't been made yet.

I also don't wear a helmet when I ride my bike on bike paths. I do when I'm mountain biking or road biking.

Cue a bunch of people saying that I look like the stupid one for not wearing a helmet.

I don't have a problem with you not wearing one but I do think it's interesting you think others look douchey wearing them

Unless you are saying they just look douchey on you
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

I'm slightly sympathetic to the argument that if you're not wearing a seatbelt, you could become a flying projectile in a collision and therefore affect more people as a result of your stupid decision.

Otherwise, I'd say that we don't really need seatbelt laws, either.
    I agree also. Everyone should feel free to be as dumb as they want to be as long as it doesn't affect others.

Technically insurance would be more fair if the people that engaged in riskier behavior paid for that added risk though. But there really isn't any way to fully quantify someones behavior in an algorithm so you need to generalize and in some ways subsidize the bad behavior with the good.

Even if you "mountain bike", how do you know a) how often you mountain bike b) how aggressively / recklessly you mountain bike / etc. etc.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't have a problem with you not wearing one but I do think it's interesting you think others look douchey wearing them

Unless you are saying they just look douchey on you
    Yes, I'm saying they look douchey on me. And a lot of other people. But others look good in them.

Insuring one's own activity and risk levels is one thing, going after me and my insurance liability coverage because one takes unnecessary risks on the road is another...

Regarding how helmets look, one advantage of being a certain age is that you shop caring about that as much.

Yes, I'm saying they look douchey on me. And a lot of other people. But others look good in them.
    Your old school bus, right.

Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

couldn't link just the video so . . .
    http://unofficialnetworks.com/helmet...-crash-129682/
    shit happens, wear a helmet.

2016/17
    MT Snow - 12.30 1.7 1.29 2.4 2.11
    Attitash - 2.17
    Black MTN - 2.18
    Wildcat - 2.19
    Eldora - 4.7
    Snowmass - 4.10
    Aspen - 4.11

Does anybody still not wear a helmet???

Maybe you should watch out for motorcycles and give them a little extra room? You have the bigger vehicle, it's common sense. If you're charged with vehicular homicide it's because you were reckless or negligent and maybe you deserve what you get.

Quote above.

Most of the time it's the motorcyclist who's negligent. A couple beers on Sunday. Lets ride.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information