• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

stolen ski equipment

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I've got a question as how you guys lock your skis to the racks? I have a small retractable cable lock but the cable length isn't long enough to go through the back binding brake mount and up to the rack. My only option is to turn the skis over so they're resting on their tips then the back binding is close enough to the rack to lock it. It looks kinda weird.
Are there longer versions of the retractable cable locks out there? Or do you lock the skis to the ends of the racks where there are down tubes but no rests?

I flip upside down.

Sotto

I've got a question as how you guys lock your skis to the racks? I have a small retractable cable lock but the cable length isn't long enough to go through the back binding brake mount and up to the rack. My only option is to turn the skis over so they're resting on their tips then the back binding is close enough to the rack to lock it. It looks kinda weird.
Are there longer versions of the retractable cable locks out there? Or do you lock the skis to the ends of the racks where there are down tubes but no rests?

I always try and find the end of a rack to lock too. I also carry one of these: http://www.skikey.com/ Some areas have the racks, and its a simple system.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I also invert my skis (tips down) if I'm using my retractable lock. Who cares what your skis look like in the rack? When ever I see a pair of "upside down" sticks in a rack, I think to my self "well there's a smart person".

Mildcat

ok, this is just sad. in all my years of skiing i've never had my skis or poles stolen. Yet today i had MY SECOND LOCK stolen :blink: WTF

i could swear i learned my lesson the last time and i always spin the numbers when i leave the thing attached to the rack while i'm skiing but really, even if i forgot. what are the odds that

A. people actually check the locks sitting there to see if they're open
B. it happened to me twice!

I think someone is targeting you.