• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Golf Thread 2009

campgottagopee

Benn out of the office for 4 days, so now just getting caught up....Played one of my most fav tourneys over the weekend, the Fox Fire 2Ball. It's 36 holes in one day, 9 holes 2 man best ball, 9 holes alternate shot, (flighted during lunch), then 18 holes of captain-n-mate for the money. All flights pay the same-----my partner and I won our flight which we were glad for but we fell all the way to the second flight :oops:. But hey, cash is king, right???

Alot of stiff competition at this touney with 4 state am winners, 3 mid-sate am winners so our gang was stoked when a team from our "crew" won the damn thing. They also got the only skin in the afternoon so drinks were on them ALL NIGHT LONG :beer:

campgottagopee

All the "real golfers" are in the Championship flight so that's where the comp is----those dudes know how to get it around.

drjeff

Benn out of the office for 4 days, so now just getting caught up....Played one of my most fav tourneys over the weekend, the Fox Fire 2Ball. It's 36 holes in one day, 9 holes 2 man best ball, 9 holes alternate shot, (flighted during lunch), then 18 holes of captain-n-mate for the money. All flights pay the same-----my partner and I won our flight which we were glad for but we fell all the way to the second flight :oops:. But hey, cash is king, right???

Alot of stiff competition at this touney with 4 state am winners, 3 mid-sate am winners so our gang was stoked when a team from our "crew" won the damn thing. They also got the only skin in the afternoon so drinks were on them ALL NIGHT LONG :beer:

Sounds like your swinging the club pretty well there Camp! Gotta love skin $$ too! :)

I'm playing Saturday morning with my Dad at Whitetail..we are the second group off at 638AM..the last two times I played with him were late morning with a buddy of his that is slow which meant 5+ hour rounds..I play like crap at such a slow pace..early morning twosomes are the way to do it..

ComeBackMudPuddles

I'm playing Saturday morning with my Dad at Whitetail..we are the second group off at 638AM..the last two times I played with him were late morning with a buddy of his that is slow which meant 5+ hour rounds..I play like crap at such a slow pace..early morning twosomes are the way to do it..

i'd be careful giving such exact times and coordinates, GSS. old man maine is out to get you.

campgottagopee

Our club championship coming up one week from saturday----gawd I've got some work to do---been hangin on my right side too long with the driver, nothing good comes out of that!!! 2 days of stroke play--gotta love it.

Just back from playing 18 today, had a pretty strong game today Shot My age 66 !! :beer:

Unfortunately it was on a par 60 course !

Wow..I'd like to play a par 60..I'd probably break 80 for the first time if I was playing well..my Dad played somewhere today..I don't think the ball goes as far with this high humidity

Warp Daddy

Thanks for the kind words guys coming from you two guys who play well enough to GIVE lessons it's much appreciated

Yeah it was a nice day for play been playing that par 60 course once a week and the longer stuff twice a week . I usually shoot around 70 on that puppy but last 3 times out was 68 , 69 and todays score .

My best ever on it was last yrs 64 . It's great practice for your short game . I only take the Driver out on 4 holes they are all around310 -330, on the longer par 3's ( 250 ish ) i'll use the #1 Hybrid

campgottagopee

Thanks for the kind words guys coming from you two guys who play well enough to GIVE lessons it's much appreciated

Yeah it was a nice day for play been playing that par 60 course once a week and the longer stuff twice a week . I usually shoot around 70 on that puppy but last 3 times out was 68 , 69 and todays score .

My best ever on it was last yrs 64 . It's great practice for your short game . I only take the Driver out on 4 holes they are all around310 -330, on the longer par 3's ( 250 ish ) i'll use the #1 Hybrid

Dang, now that's a par 3---US Open stuff!!!

Trekchick

Nice WarpDaddy!

I participated(played isn't really the word for it) in a golf marathon to benefit our little church school last weekend.
We didn't keep a real score card, but I played 42 holes in 3 hrs. Only one person got more than I did :D
It twern't purdy!
The weather was cold and damp, and though most were in winter ish clothes I took my jacket off and played in shirt sleeves because I was soooo hot from the speed golf.
The best news of all is that I generated over 1,000.00 for the school.

Needless to say, I had some seriously sore quads and abs on Monday. :)

Facebook album is here.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23600&id=1081421520&ref=mf

Warp Daddy

Nice WarpDaddy!

I participated(played isn't really the word for it) in a golf marathon to benefit our little church school last weekend.
We didn't keep a real score card, but I played 42 holes in 3 hrs. Only one person got more than I did :D
It twern't purdy!
The weather was cold and damp, and though most were in winter ish clothes I took my jacket off and played in shirt sleeves because I was soooo hot from the speed golf.
The best news of all is that I generated over 1,000.00 for the school.

Needless to say, I had some seriously sore quads and abs on Monday. :)

Facebook album is here.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23600&id=1081421520&ref=mf

You BE DA GOLFING QUEEN !--

42 holes in 3hrs were you using your hubby's Harley as a Golf Cart - that's some serious SPEED . Sore Quads and ABS your damn lucky your back still works :D:D:D

But you are tougher than "Whipped Snot " to be able to do that -- GOOD ON YA !!!!

Great to help charity -- keep swinging DEM clubs TREKIE !!! :D

Trekchick

Did you guys read the part where I said
It twern't purdy!

The way I played it so quickly was, I had my mom as my golf cart driver, I'd hit the ball then run to it to hit it again and left my mom to fix my divots, rake my beach and get my club to me.
I only played with a 10* driver, 22* hybrid and a pitching wedge, and this is an easy course.
Using only a few clubs took out the wasted time thinking about which club to use.

I will say this though, even though it was the worst golf I've ever played, it was great at honing skills. I think I'll do a few more rounds with limited clubs to see what I can do to adjust with my skill and not the gear.

Warp Daddy

I've played somw pretty goofy rules with friends for fun - we play a a round every so often with ONLY 2 CLUBS -- no bags . I use my wedge and a 3 Hybrid . Can drive , approach and putt with hybrid and use the wedge for any finesse around the approach or in the beach

----its fun for a change to mess with the normal routine