• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jesse Ventura

JimG.

Staff member
Has anyone seen the former governor of Minnesota lately? What is up with that?

I think he's practicing to be a Klingon.

JimG.

Staff member
highpeaksdrifter said:
What the heck made you think of him? :lol:

He's been all over TV recently and you've got to get a load of the way he looks! I've been looking for a pic to post with no luck yet. He really does look like a Klingon.

He was on TV again last night; he was talking about running for president in 2008.

JimG.

Staff member
ski_resort_observer said:
Yea, really. He dosn't seem like the kind of guy to go quietly in the night...yet he has.

Uh-uhhhhhhhhh...he's practicing for act 2. Talking about running for president in 2008.

ctenidae

He should have stayed in the Governor's Mansion (figuratively, since he shut it down) longer, then he could have been at least a semi-serious candidate for 2008. As it is, I doubt he'll be able to make much noise, welcome though it would be.
Considering the past few presidents (B-movie actor, wimp, filanderer, and chimp), a pro wrestler would fit right in.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Obviously I don't watch enough TV. Haven't seen anything in print or online about him, except here,of course.

How about a ticket with him and Howard Dean? Which would be the Pres candidate?

Uh oh, am I getting political? Is that a lightning bolt coming at me? :lol:

ctenidae

Dean/Ventura would sure be fun to watch. How about a debate between Ventura and McCain? There may be some blood on the stage after that. Cage match, anyone?

JimG.

Staff member
We are starting to border on the political, but no lightening bolts are forthcoming.

I wish I could find a recent pic of Ventura...I don't care about his politics, I just think his new look is baffling.

You guys would think so too.

Greg

Staff member
The current "Body":

ventura2.jpg

ventura4.jpg

:eek:

JimG.

Staff member
Yup, that's it! The pics don't do his ring of shoulder length hair justice, but you can clearly see the double pigtails on the goatee.

Looks like he's saying "It is a good day to die!"

ctenidae

After I posted, I re-read it, and realized it may have been a wrestling reference. Therefore, I apologize for my poor attempt at sarcasm in response to your poor attempt at sarcasm.

Though it would be interesting to see Jesse Ventura as Bilbo Baggins. Or maybe Gimli.

:beer: