• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Closing Day: 3-28-09

MR. evil

Not a MTBer, so hope you all have a good summer. Any are always welcome to join me on the links. ...

Recently I was thinking about seeing if any of the SB bump crew wanted to have a small golf outing this summer.

Madroch

All in.. would need a catchy name though. I'l leave that to the more creative types.

Mikey1

Great job on the videos Greg and Gary! Awesome way to end the Sundown season. Always a blast skiing with the AZ'ers at Sundown. Hopefully we can get out again somewhere before this season ends. Will be at Okemo on Wednesday, and maybe Hunter next Sunday.

2knees

Recently I was thinking about seeing if any of the SB bump crew wanted to have a small golf outing this summer.

hell yeah, we should do a best ball type of thing. i get this mixed up sometimes, but play foursomes, everyone in that group tees off, play the best tee shot, everyone hits, play the best 2nd shot and so on and so forth. makes for a great tourney that all ability levels can have fun with. we do it every year with some of my non-skiing buddies. I know a few courses in central ct. that are very receptive to this, or at least have been when we've done it.

2knees

CLOSED FOR THE SEASON. THANK YOU ONE AND ALL FOR A GREAT SEASON!

i just had to look at the website and this just about made me cry. I've never felt this way before about one ski area. there are still 3 solid weeks left for a good amount of areas, but only driving 40 minutes for those bumps really REALLY spoiled me. i'm freakin bummed out cause its closed and i couldnt make it yesterday. what a freakin downer for me.....

yeah yeah, i'm a raging P^&^Y. i know.

Greg

Staff member
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON. THANK YOU ONE AND ALL FOR A GREAT SEASON!

i just had to look at the website and this just about made me cry. I've never felt this way before about one ski area. there are still 3 solid weeks left for a good amount of areas, but only driving 40 minutes for those bumps really REALLY spoiled me. i'm freakin bummed out cause its closed and i couldnt make it yesterday. what a freakin downer for me.....

I checked the site too this afternoon and felt the same way. The last four weekends at Sundown were incredible. Still bumming I missed that epic 3/15 event. Got a lot of good Gunny skiing in, but it went by way too fast. Looking at maybe 3 days north. Starting to get psyched for MTB though. Not much else to do.

gmcunni

It is indeed sad that sundown is closed. This has been my best season of skiing. Not that i had my best days but the season in total, much of which was spent @ sundown, has been incredible. one or two more days up north to top it off and I'll be done.

this was the first time i'd ever had a season pass. $$ aside, having that ticket has been motivation to get out and ski more, even if it was only for a couple of hours on a day when I had other things to do.

Madroch

My second season after many many off, my first being really into it. Very very sad, Real progress this year. Many great days. As an avid golfer, spring has never been more depressing.

MR. evil

hell yeah, we should do a best ball type of thing. i get this mixed up sometimes, but play foursomes, everyone in that group tees off, play the best tee shot, everyone hits, play the best 2nd shot and so on and so forth. makes for a great tourney that all ability levels can have fun with. we do it every year with some of my non-skiing buddies. I know a few courses in central ct. that are very receptive to this, or at least have been when we've done it.

I will try to set something up later in the year. I may be wrong, but I think what you describe is called a scramble. Best ball is where everyone plays there own ball the entire hole and who ever had the lowest score for the hole gets put on the card. The great thing about a scramble is that everyone can have fun, even people that have never played before (or ones that just really suck, a group I am starting to join not playing much anymore). I also have a spare set of clubs if someone that doesn't play wants to join us for the event......There will also be beer:beer:

Glad to see you guys finished out in great fashion. Hunter was too good to pass up on Saturday. I would have come to Sundown on Sunday if they stayed open. Robin is officialy going in for reconstruction of her right ACL using alograft this Wednesday.

With any luck, I will be at Hunter on Saturday. I have some vouchers if anyone wants to come up.Stay in touch over the Summer.

Alan

Greg

Staff member
Glad to see you guys finished out in great fashion. Hunter was too good to pass up on Saturday. I would have come to Sundown on Sunday if they stayed open. Robin is officialy going in for reconstruction of her right ACL using alograft this Wednesday.

With any luck, I will be at Hunter on Saturday. I have some vouchers if anyone wants to come up.Stay in touch over the Summer.

Alan

Give Robin our best.

2knees

GOOD LUCK ROBIN!!!!

tell her we're all pulling for an easy and succesful surgery.

Skier75

That's looks great! Good job. I always enjoy watching you guys do the bumps. Wish I could do them like that. I keep trying, though. Trying to take lessons from watching you.

Glenn

Solids vids guys! Gotta love the Unplugged AIC...best album evAr!

I really need to get up there next season.

Greg

Staff member
I really need to get up there next season.

I've been waiting for that from you, especially being a CT resident. Not sure if you've been lately, but it's a far different ski area than it's been in the past. Most people that check it out feel it's a pretty rad little hill.