• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Closing Day: 3-28-09

Glenn

I had good intentions of going...then things got a little crazy in February. I'll have to man up and just go some night after work next season. It's only about 45-60 minutes from work/home.

I've actually never been there before.

downhill04

It is indeed sad that sundown is closed. This has been my best season of skiing. Not that i had my best days but the season in total, much of which was spent @ sundown, has been incredible. one or two more days up north to top it off and I'll be done.

this was the first time i'd ever had a season pass. $$ aside, having that ticket has been motivation to get out and ski more, even if it was only for a couple of hours on a day when I had other things to do.

I love the new avitar. Can somebody change mine to my crash from BnB 1?

2knees

still pissed i didnt make this. thanks for opening old wounds bro!

bvibert

Staff member
still pissed i didnt make this. thanks for opening old wounds bro!

wahmbulance.jpg

2knees

hilarious!

based on the life span of that tricked out bike, maybe you should call these guys.

big_loser.JPG

Greg

Staff member
had to bump this... was checking to see what closing day was like last year and am amazed at the difference in the kickers this year compared to last year. WOW. i recalled the kickers being big last year but apparently not....

Steve-O still cracks me up in those vids. You and Brian look like different skiers now. Yeah, everything about Gunny was bigger and better this year. I hope by some miracle you guys get another day in down here.

Praying for a few Gunny lines skier's right earlier in the season next year.

gmcunni

would love to sneak in 2 more days @ sundown this season....
cold enough @ night to do a little fix up work??? warm enough during the day for things to loosen up!

NOAA says -

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 20.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 43.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 24.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.

bvibert

Staff member
Holy crap those kickers were weak sauce compared to this year. I can't believe I wouldn't hit those things... :eek:

What's really amazing is the difference in the size of the bumps. Look how many little bumps there were in that course compared to this year. I count 9 or 10 bumps across the lower section of last years course, to 7 across this years course in the same area, and I think it was slightly wider this year too. The spacing and size was much better this year, IMHO.

jrmagic

When I s w this thread I thought they had closed:-o Hope you guys get some more days to rip there. I'm hoping for another couple of trips to Magic before I take my last run there for the season.

Madroch

would love to sneak in 2 more days @ sundown this season....
cold enough @ night to do a little fix up work??? warm enough during the day for things to loosen up!

NOAA says -

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 20.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 43.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 24.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.

Agreed- I posted something similar on their FB site earlier.. hope they listen-- but I heard "thank you for coming this season" from several last Sat..... not a good omen.

Madroch

Holy crap those kickers were weak sauce compared to this year. I can't believe I wouldn't hit those things... :eek:

What's really amazing is the difference in the size of the bumps. Look how many little bumps there were in that course compared to this year. I count 9 or 10 bumps across the lower section of last years course, to 7 across this years course in the same area, and I think it was slightly wider this year too. The spacing and size was much better this year, IMHO.

I too struggeled with the kickers last year (and again this year- but at least this year they were bigger). In hindsight- course looked much tougher this year. I also think the rain the weekend before made them a little faster- compare the vids from 3/9 and 3/10 to SkiDork's video- bumps have less slush on tops and in troughs.