• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Closing Day: 3-28-09

gmcunni

ah shit....

CLOSED FOR THE SEASON. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT 2009/2010 SEASON AND WE'LL SEE YOU IN THE FALL!

Grassi21

Check back on the Sundown web site... Closed for the season....

neil

Really? Looked like there was good coverage still from your pics from the weekend. Today's rain killed it?

Madroch

Really? Looked like there was good coverage still from your pics from the weekend. Today's rain killed it?

ALAS the sadness... tried to check the webcam for a damage analysis, and what a shocker- it didn't work for me.

I hear bagpipes...

bvibert

Staff member
ah shit....

CLOSED FOR THE SEASON. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT 2009/2010 SEASON AND WE'LL SEE YOU IN THE FALL!

Even though I can't ski there this weekend anyway I'm still very sad about this. :(

It just got really good when it ended...

Greg

Staff member
Even though I can't ski there this weekend anyway I'm still very sad about this. :(

It just got really good when it ended...

No kidding. The bumps were great, and probably could've made it through the weekend. Bunch of dirt all over the rest of the mountain though and today's rain probably made it much worse. Still, I bet they could have patched up a loop to run laps on the Gunny bumps, but anything less than terrain for all abilities is not usually their MO. Too bad. Not that I would have been around to enjoy it, but I would have had no problem doing some walking to/from the lift if need be. Maybe we can work on them for next spring... ;)

gmcunni

It's sickening how white Gunny still is, but look at Exhibition and the base area... :-o

i know,right?? they *could* flatten the terrain park and move the snow around to accommodate the general public but that would leave 3 of us lapping GB and no terrain park, which, IMHO, is a bigger draw than anything else.

Madroch

i know,right?? they *could* flatten the terrain park and move the snow around to accommodate the general public but that would leave 3 of us lapping GB and no terrain park, which, IMHO, is a bigger draw than anything else.

Plenty of snow under the lift on the big hucker jump, and up on stinger to cover the bare spots- would be a BIG effort though. Don't know about the top by the lifts- that may be a bigger issue.

Would be 4 of us lapping Gunny- :wink:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
From what I heard, there are plans for Meatheads to film on the terrain park next month. So yeah, they probably don't want to flatten it then.

gmcunni

From what I heard, there are plans for Meatheads to film on the terrain park next month. So yeah, they probably don't want to flatten it then.

WTF.... we can get an alpinezone film crew together, would we get special treatment too?

:)