• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Closing Day: 3-28-09

bvibert

Staff member
Rad way to end the Ski Sundown season! :beer:

Nice to ski with you all on Gunny one last time! Too bad we were missing several of the usual Sundown contingent.

I'll remember this awesome season for a long time! :beer:

gmcunni

excellent day to end the Sundown season. Weather could not have been better. will cobble together some video from today and post later.

it was nice of the Sundown guys to leave the kickers up for us to play with. Lots of fun but also lots of falling for me today. Ended up bending one of my poles. Oh well...

Greg

Staff member
Awesome way to end the 2008-09 Ski Sundown season. Perfect weather, bluebird and warm. It was powhunter, gmcunni, MR. evil, Mikey1, o3jeff, Brian and me. Lapped Gunny of course. Still decent shape. Some trough hopping and interrupted lines with patches of dirt, grass and ledge. First few runs were sketchy until you figured out which troughs were non-existent and some of the firmish bumps that weren't skied in a week were re-skied. We cut in a great line off the top right near the trees. A little hop over a burnout and you could grab the top section of the money line. It was then best to head left and finish out the run on the left side. The kickers were open and a melted a bit smaller. We hit the ones on the left.

I skied for 4+ hours and felt totally satisfied, but definitely am sad that it's now over. Seemed like it just got really good. There also appeared to be okay turnout today and most of the mountain aside from the base area had good coverage still from what I could see from lift one. Thanks to Chris Sullivan and co. for piecing together one last day. 20 hours of cat work to pull it off apparently. Anyway, a lot of that melted today. Gonna get wrecked with tomorrow's rain so I don't blame them for shutting it down for the season. Sundown's season went from 11/28/08 - 3/28/09. All but one day had moguls for us nuts. Thank you so much Chris, Jarrod, Dotty, Kurt the groomer, the snowmakers and everyone else for all you guys did (and put up with ;) ) this season. Sundown's 40th was awesome and my best so far at our little hill that skis HUGE!

o3jeff

Like everyone said, perfect day to finish up the season. Was on the ground quite a bit yesterday too!

Thank you Sundown for a great year!

Greg

Staff member
Vid

Here's the final Sundown vid of the 2008-09 season. That is until I put together the annual mogul tribute. :lol: Anyway, it's still uploading, but here it is. Watch it till the end. Kind of a funny powhunter outake at the end. Classic Steve-O!

Great way to finish it off!

gmcunni

Sundown double feature day at the movies today :-D

here's my footage, and i too have a steveo outtake at the end.

bvibert

Staff member
Here's the final Sundown vid of the 2008-09 season. That is until I put together the annual mogul tribute. :lol: Anyway, it's still uploading, but here it is. Watch it till the end. Kind of a funny powhunter outake at the end. Classic Steve-O!

It says the video no longer exists. :(

EDIT, never mind, now it says that it's uploading...

2knees

Gary, that is an EXCELLENT vid. great job, very cool to watch. love the stop action at the end of each scene.

greg's is showing no longer avail.

looks like i missed a fantastic day. oh well. thanks for putting that up. felt like i was there.

Madroch

Nice vid Gary... very sorry I missed it... looked like a great day. First year I can remember that I am somewhat sad to be breaking out the golf clubs.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I can't bear to watch... glad you guys had fun, but I'm still pissed that plans that were either out of my control or made 2 weeks prior and couldn't be changed prevented me from being there for Sundown's last day. I only took 3 runs the day of the mogul comp, which means I really haven't skied for 3 weeks and now the season is done for me. Suxorz.

powhunter

Great day and great videos guys!! Truly a great day to end the season!! Cant believe my ski got stuck under that rock while getting on the chair

steveo

bvibert

Staff member

Great job on the video Greg! I like the chair lift interviews, you tied them in nicely.

You and Gary really captured the day well, thanks!

downhill04

Thanks to everyone at Sundown for giving us bumps from day 1 straight through to the end. Wish I could've been there. The vids came out great.

How many days until opening day 09/10 temptor bumps?

Greg

Staff member
Great day and great videos guys!! Truly a great day to end the season!! Cant believe my ski got stuck under that rock while getting on the chair

steveo

Look at me still clutching the side of the chair while the liftie tries to put it back on for you in Gary's vid. :lol:

Great job on that vid, Gary!

MR. evil

Great day yeaterday, fun skiing with all of you guys as usual. Great weather, great bumps, what more can you ask for.

I will see a majority of the Sundown bump crew on the Mtb trails soon. But for the rest of you guys (that don't ride MTB yet) it was a great season and I look forward to skiing with you all next season.

sLoPeS

nice videos guys, looked like a great day for last call. no reason to hang up the sticks, still a bunch up north.

Madroch

Not a MTBer, so hope you all have a good summer. Any are always welcome to join me on the links. Also, hoping for at least one VT day. Hoping for SB or Stowe next weekend or the weekend after Easter. Scheduling has also resulted in my losing good friday, when I should have been in sourthern NH. Alas...