2009 Season

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Season

2009 Season

So the all season hikers don't really have a new year (That would be me also) BUT.... Anyone start the 2009 hiking season yet? Plans???

This month, looking at getting out with the kids for a snow free Spring hike, later in April, thinking CT's Bear Mt. Anxiously looking towards carrying a 5-8 pound pack instead of the 30 pounds......
    Happy Trails, be safe & Good Luck
    Mike P.

just day hikes on the Appalachian trail..I don't carry a pack at all..I just carry a water bottle.

Haven't started yet but we have been making plans in Maine and New Hampshire. Looking forward to it!
    Screw My Car, My Body Climbed Mount Washington!

www.SKiNE.net

Not sure when we'll start, but hoping to maybe finish the 48 this year? Can't wait though.
    \"J\"

I'll be hiking the John Muir Trail in California in July and August with some friends. Those plans have been on going since last autumn.

Next week I'm going to hike the A.T. from Salisbury CT to North Adams Mass. This opportunity was a surprise: I've been laid off for two weeks. Seemed like a perfect time to start getting in shape for the JMT.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemechanic View Post
    I'll be hiking the John Muir Trail in California in July and August with some friends. Those plans have been on going since last autumn.
    I'll be on the JMT in August also.

I have the Long Trail on my radar, along with some crazy day hikes in the Whites. I'm also in the planning stages of a hike similar to Hank Folsoms diretissima, hitting all 48 peaks in a continuos hike.

I'll probably spend a good amount of time in the Mt. Holyoke range, but most likely the majority of my time'll be spent biking instead of hiking. Tim's much more avid about biking so I've been leaning towards that more lately.
    If you're a fan of the Manchester United Football Team, sing the Manchester United song-!

Quote Originally Posted by skibum9995 View Post
    I'll be on the JMT in August also.

I have the Long Trail on my radar, along with some crazy day hikes in the Whites. I'm also in the planning stages of a hike similar to Hank Folsoms diretissima, hitting all 48 peaks in a continuos hike.
    Will you be hiking northbound or southbound. I'll be starting July 29th from Vosemite Valley.

I have a route for a 48 4k footer hike on a couple of sheets of line paper I planned back in 2004. I was set to go when I lost my job (with vacations), took a low paying (dream) job with the AMC's shelter program and then spent all my hiking time for the next three summers as a caretaker. I still hope to get back to that hike someday. Unlike Hank Folsom I'd like to it as a long distance backpacking trip with resupply plans, a couple of road walks and one "bushwack" using an abandoned trail.

Spent an overnighter in and around MT Greylock; staying at Peck's Brook Shelter.

Plans this year include crossing off some 4kers and thru-hiking the Cohos Trail in July.

Sorry to hear about being laid off, sounds like a goo d plan with the unexpected free-time.

Hoping to od a Presi-traverse during Memorial Day weekend, finsh 48 X 3seasons in June & do a few more of the ADK's. I have 11 left, all in the ADK's for the Northeast 115. (46 ADK + 2 Cat, 14 ME, 5 VT, 48 NH) I've got the house rented for July just south of the High Peaks already.
    Happy Trails, be safe & Good Luck
    Mike P.

Thread Information