• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Forum viewing question

bvibert

Staff member
I'm not sure what you mean. If you click on the
icon_newest_reply.gif
icon it will bring you to the first unread post. If you just click on the thread title, ie; Forum viewing question, it should bring you to the first post in that thread. Are you saying that its doing otherwise??

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
If you just click on the thread title, ie; Forum viewing question, it should bring you to the first post in that thread. Are you saying that its doing otherwise??
B is correct. Where are you accessing threads from? If from the "Recent Discussions" list on any non-forum page, then it will bring you to the latest post in that thread...no way to change that.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Yes, I was talking about accessing the forums from the recent discussions list on the AZ homepage. But, I will now access them from the forum homepage instead I guess. Gregg, there is no way to make the link from the recent discussions list bring you to the first post?

Greg

Staff member
marcski said:
Yes, I was talking about accessing the forums from the recent discussions list on the AZ homepage. But, I will now access them from the forum homepage instead I guess. Gregg, there is no way to make the link from the recent discussions list bring you to the first post?
No, becuase that this is generated based on new posts, not new threads. Sorry. Bookmark this page though:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/search.php?search_id=newposts

That's a nice convenient list of new posts/threads since your last visit. Hope that helps.