• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Off Season Gear Purchases

Hawkshot99

When you guys get them mounted check to see if the shop actually has the jig for them. They are a entirely separate jig than the rest of the Marker line.

In the two years the binding has existed the shop I work for has sold 1 pair.(Only person that has asked about them as well) So it is not worth it to buy the jig($$$$) We had mounted them, and I hand mounted mine as well. They are easy enough to hand mount, but way easier to screw up than doing them "properly"

Mildcat

When you guys get them mounted check to see if the shop actually has the jig for them. They are a entirely separate jig than the rest of the Marker line.

In the two years the binding has existed the shop I work for has sold 1 pair.(Only person that has asked about them as well) So it is not worth it to buy the jig($$$$) We had mounted them, and I hand mounted mine as well. They are easy enough to hand mount, but way easier to screw up than doing them "properly"

How hard are they to hand mount? Thinking of maybe trying to save a few bucks and mount my own bindings.

wa-loaf

How hard are they to hand mount? Thinking of maybe trying to save a few bucks and mount my own bindings.

They come with a paper jig, but you prob want to get some drill bits just for skis and a posidrive screwdriver.

Mildcat

They come with a paper jig, but you prob want to get some drill bits just for skis and a posidrive screwdriver.

Just found a vid on Vimeo that shows how to make a jig out of poly-carb. I think I might try it.