• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Off Season Gear Purchases

drjeff

Technically it's not off-season yet for me, as I still have atleast 1 more planned day next weekend, but I picked up a pair of these today

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/marmot/randonee-pant/

50% off at Mount Snow Sports, so an extra $150 went of the 'ol Matercard! A serious technical shell pants! These WILL make my wet days on the hill (and in Gillette Stadium watching the Patriots ;)) MUCH more dry and enjoyable! :)

Glenn

I saw that e-mail the other day Root. That's a great price! Hopefully, they'll pop up again when I'm on the PC and ready to pull the trigger.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I saw that e-mail the other day Root. That's a great price! Hopefully, they'll pop up again when I'm on the PC and ready to pull the trigger.
I've seen them pop up 2 or 3 times already. Weird thing is I asked Mrs Root if she wanted a pair and she said no??? Something is wrong with her:blink:

Glenn

That's a great price. I don't think you can touch them for under $100 during the season...maybe even $150.

I'm going to try not to buy any new ski gear until it's at least summer. I bought my Nordica Blowers last year in July off Backcountry.com and I didn't even ski them until January.

There are so many things I'd like for next season.

My Balaclava, helmet, boot-heater, fat skis and gloves are all in decent shape. I want new ice coast carvers, poles(maybe the ones with a flask built in), steezy jacket..something combining neon and earth tones, ski socks, always more underarmour, a better ski bag, and some gaper gear. If you see any good online deals on ski/ride gear..this would be a good thread to post links to good online deals or at local shops.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I could use a new helmet (Black G10 Med if anyone finds a good deal). My boot-dryer died, so I need a new one of those also. Gloves too

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I could not convince Mrs Root that this would be good for her. She's content with using heat packs on the cold days. Oh well...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Outside of another set of under armor and maybe some socks, I'll pretty much be holding steady this year. I might get a new jacket, but mine still works just fine.

wa-loaf

I pulled the trigger on a pair of 186 Watea 94s. I couldn't resist the $323 price tag.

Warp Daddy

My son stopped at the Spyder outlet @ Woodbury and got me a pair of black Spyder semi bibs w/ suspenders, lots of pockets really cool looking with red trim stripes on the side . He Got them for 60% off .

While there He also picked me up a pair of black , white , and red all leather "Gate basher style " mittens with removable wrist guards . they are a modified LOBSTER claw mitten with the thumb and first finger both separate while the remaining 3 fingers are in the mitten . I'll use them on cold days --- a nice supplement to my standard Reusch leather gloves