• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Deadliest Catch

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'm watching After the Catch on DVR to find that Mike Rowe has been replaced? They have Ben Bailey from Cash Cab hosting the interviews :blink:

Anyone know why?

drjeff

I'm watching After the Catch on DVR to find that Mike Rowe has been replaced? They have Ben Bailey from Cash Cab hosting the interviews :blink:

Anyone know why?

I thought that was interesting myself when watching. I wonder also if Rowe has gotten too big for a Q&A like that??

That was a bit tough to watch when the had the Captain of the Katmine(?sp) in descibing what it was like in the life raft after it went down and then seeing both his + the other's reactions. Personally, I would have bought the pilot of the Coast Guard chopper that rescued them drinks for the rest of his life! Amazing stuff the Coast Guard does!

Glenn

That was tough to watch. That episode after they were rescued was tough as well.

Amazing to see Captain Phil reaching out and telling the guy not to beat himself up. Sig was so choked up, he couldn't even talk about it. Two guys you see on the show as tough and hardened...but they really showed their emotions during that interview.

ERJ-145CA

Anyone know why?

I assumed it was a scheduling conflict too. Unfortunately I was at a hotel Tuesday with no Discovery channel (the horror) so I missed it, but Ben Bailey was the host last week too.

drjeff

I know it's all sponsorship stuff, but is it just me or or did you find it a bit amusing to think that those guys sitting around the tables who were drinking beer were actually drinking Coors Light, like the lable on the pitcher and the BIG neon sign in the background implied ;) :rolleyes:

wa-loaf

I know it's all sponsorship stuff, but is it just me or or did you find it a bit amusing to think that those guys sitting around the tables who were drinking beer were actually drinking Coors Light, like the lable on the pitcher and the BIG neon sign in the background implied ;) :rolleyes:

I don't think those guys are too picky about their beer.

drjeff

I don't think those guys are too picky about their beer.

I just have a hard time picturing them as light beer drinkers ;) And something tells me that when on dry land, those guys could probably drink most folks under the table

I don't understand this either, especially since they don't drink on the boat. I would think if anything they would be lightweights after going so long with no alcohol in their systems.

times two..being able to handle alchohal has to do with body mass more than occupation...

Geoff

I don't understand how they would be more seasoned drinkers than us????

You probably don't use your beer as a chaser for heroin or cocaine.

I'm from New Bedford, Ma. The largest fishing port on the east coast. The fishermen come off the boat, cash their check at the bar, and vaporize it on hookers & blow.

drjeff

You probably don't use your beer as a chaser for heroin or cocaine.

I'm from New Bedford, Ma. The largest fishing port on the east coast. The fishermen come off the boat, cash their check at the bar, and vaporize it on hookers & blow.

Plus they need something(hey neighbor! grab a 'ganny) to wash down all the Chorizo and Linguisa ;)