• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Deadliest Catch

Greg

Staff member
Love it. Solid first episode.

Glenn

Missed it. Thank God Discovery will rerun it about 8 times between now and next week.

Those types of shows are pretty much all I watch now...Ax Men, Heliloggers, American Loggers, Myth Busters, Ice Road Truckers....

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Missed it. Thank God Discovery will rerun it about 8 times between now and next week.

Those types of shows are pretty much all I watch now...Ax Men, Heliloggers, American Loggers, Myth Busters, Ice Road Truckers....
It really puts all the "hard work" at your job in perspective huh?

It least it does for me

SkiDork

Actually, pretty much any show on NGC, Science channel, Discovery, History etc. is fine with me.

Glenn

It really puts all the "hard work" at your job in perspective huh?

It least it does for me

I almost feel guilty watching these shows laying in my comfy warm bed...and these dudes are outside, butsting their arses....

mondeo

I almost feel guilty watching these shows laying in my comfy warm bed...and these dudes are outside, butsting their arses....
Watched the king crab season part of season 1 last night.

$10K plus for 3 days is pretty good. I'm neither jealous nor feeling guilty while watching it; they're living the lifestyle they choose, complete with rewards and risks.

I will say, though, that I just got into it with one of the marathons that was on within the last couple weeks, and have now gone back through netflix to the earlier stuff. Writing and narration has come a long way. I swear, he mentioned it being the deadliest job on earth twice between each commercial break the first few episodes.

Interesting note is that Rowe was initially going to be doing on-camera narration, but when they picked up Dirty Jobs as well they determined it was best to keep him off-camera if he there could be a death one hour and fart jokes the next.

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
The fishermen and the US Coast Guard who work there just blow my mind.

No matter what the weather conditions are the USCG goes out to rescue.

Sad to see someone die, at least the body was recovered

drjeff

Such a good and moving episode that I'm re-watching it now! If this season keeps delivering like the 1st 2 episodes have, I think an Emmy is a distinct chance this year!