• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. Wachusett hopefully opening soon

Max

I'm not really a skier any more, as I've been off the slopes for 20 years. But the local news about Mt. Wachusett here in north/central Mass. is that they plan to try opening on the day after Thanksgiving. They have been making snow the past couple of days on at least 1 trail from the summit. My wife and I hike the mountain several days per week, so I get a chance to see how it's going. I'll keep the board posted with the ski area's progress. The tricky part is to build up the depth at the auto road crossings...that requires a bit more snow than on the grassy sections of trail. Temps have been in the low 20's the past several nights. Hopefully things won't warm up too much so that the mountain will have an early start to the season. Cross your fingers!

Max

Joshua B

Good call. It's great to have folks that live near mountains passing along the updates to the board.

Greg

Staff member
Joshua B said:
Good call. It's great to have folks that live near mountains passing along the updates to the board.
Agreed. Hopefully others will do this as well. Thanks Max!