• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Honda CRV v. Toyota Rav4 v. Subaru Forester

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ugliest vehicles out there tight now are Hyundais and kias.
A Gnarbarian wouldn't even be seen tailgating next to one.

Think what you want, opinions vary

I'll take the looks of my Sonata over the other vehicles it competes against in it's class: Accord, Altima, Camry

I think the Tuscon is a better looking ride than the CRV, RAV4 or Rouge as well

no sense speaking of the Chevy and Ford offerings, don't really view them as competition.

thorski

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.
Think what you want, opinions vary

I'll take the looks of my Sonata over the other vehicles it competes against in it's class: Accord, Altima, Camry

I think the Tuscon is a better looking ride than the CRV, RAV4 or Rouge as well

no sense speaking of the Chevy and Ford offerings, don't really view them as competition.

Thats funny. My silverado will outlast anything you own kid.
Chevy malibu is a much better car then the sonata.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Thats funny. My silverado will outlast anything you own kid.
Chevy malibu is a much better car then the sonata.

big fan of American built trucks. I had an Explorer for ten years, that I beat the hell out of and was still running fairly decent at 197K miles.

American built car? no thanks

Maybe the new Malibu is finally decent, but the older ones were utter crap.

thorski

big fan of American built trucks. I had an Explorer for ten years, that I beat the hell out of and was still running fairly decent at 197K miles.

American built car? no thanks

Maybe the new Malibu is finally decent, but the older ones were utter crap.

You could kinda compare the american car companies to an alcoholic. People can clean up their acts and get it back together.
I think it sucks about pontiac. I wonder if it was Foreshadowing when Megatron ripped Jazz in half. Maybe hyundai will hire some of pontiacs design people and give the ugly korean ducklings some style.

deadheadskier

Staff member
You could kinda compare the american car companies to an alcoholic. People can clean up their acts and get it back together.
I think it sucks about pontiac. I wonder if it was Foreshadowing when Megatron ripped Jazz in half. Maybe hyundai will hire some of pontiacs design people and give the ugly korean ducklings some style.

Dude,

It's free freakin' country. You keep rolling down the road in your Chevy blasting Sweet Home Alabama. I'm perfectly happy driving what I do. No sense in trolling around a ski website banging your made in America drum. I'm not listening and really don't care what you think.

thorski

Dude,

It's free freakin' country. You keep rolling down the road in your Chevy blasting Sweet Home Alabama. I'm perfectly happy driving what I do. No sense in trolling around a ski website banging your made in America drum. I'm not listening and really don't care what you think.

Feelings mutual. i don't listen to LS. That is about as bad as listening to the Dead

Glenn

p1963b.gif

deadheadskier

Staff member
:lol: You guys are funny.

Hey, trolls need to eat too, and I'm a sucker for feeding them ;)

but just in case people need convincing of cars not to buy, don't even consider buying something as hideous looking as what I drive...

ZZ1_hyundai-sonata.jpg

or my old man drives

hyundai_genesis_1_silver_med.jpg

man what a couple of ugly cars :rolleyes:

wa-loaf

Hey, trolls need to eat too, and I'm a sucker for feeding them ;)

but just in case people need convincing of cars not to buy, don't even consider buying something as hideous looking as what I drive...

ZZ1_hyundai-sonata.jpg

or my old man drives

hyundai_genesis_1_silver_med.jpg

man what a couple of ugly cars :rolleyes:

I'm generally on your side in this discussion, but these cars are simply boring looking. Maybe reliable and a good deal, but still boring.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm generally on your side in this discussion, but these cars are simply boring looking. Maybe reliable and a good deal, but still boring.

Certainly not ground breaking in design I'll give you that, but a helluva lot better than their cars of old and certainly better looking than the Pontiac line.

What Hyundai finally did is say, if you can't beat em', join em'. The Sonata is meant to catch the attention of an Accord driver and it looks very similar to recent additions. The Genesis has a very similar front end look to a Mercedes, the middle looks almost exactly the same as an Infinity G35 and the back looks like A BMW 5 series

Genesis
hyundai-genesis_3_rear.jpg

5 Series
BMW5series_back.jpg

nothing ground breaking, nothing revolutionary, and while beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I think thorski's stance is pretty ridiculous.

wa-loaf

The last generation Impreza and one of the Saab models are mechanical twins because, I think, GM owned a piece of Subaru for awhile and they own Saab.

Yes, the Saab was just a re branded Subi.