• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

333 skis

Glenn

That's a really interesting business model. It'll be interesting to see how things work out.

powbmps

Pretty cool idea. I'd like to see some reviews from people who have used them.

drjeff

My interest is REALLY peaked on this one! Seriously might have to pull the trigger and get myself a really funky pair of sticks for next year!

Grassi21

My interest is REALLY peaked on this one! Seriously might have to pull the trigger and get myself a really funky pair of sticks for next year!

+1 I was looking over the site last night and started designing some top sheets in my head. For that price and to be able to fine tune the dimensions and flex with the fabricator is a great concept.

drjeff

+1 I was looking over the site last night and started designing some top sheets in my head. For that price and to be able to fine tune the dimensions and flex with the fabricator is a great concept.

I'm thinking about something in a 175ish length with a 12 to 13m radius and about 100mm underfoot and some uber funky graphics (might have to incorporate a little pic of my wife and kids into the graphics to help with the sell ;) )

Grassi21

I'm thinking about something in a 175ish length with a 12 to 13m radius and about 100mm underfoot and some uber funky graphics (might have to incorporate a little pic of my wife and kids into the graphics to help with the sell ;) )

i'm thinking mid 70s to mid 80s underfoot. about the same length as you. looking for something to use in the bumps at sundown but can also use on the groomers. i might rock some sweet lacrosse graphics to piss pat off. :)

Greg

Staff member
i'm thinking mid 70s to mid 80s underfoot. about the same length as you. looking for something to use in the bumps at sundown but can also use on the groomers. i might rock some sweet lacrosse graphics to piss pat off. :)

Use the dimensions for the older Rossi Bandit X. IIRC those skis were great in the bumps, but usable all over the hill. Have him build you these:

Product_111570.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Use the dimensions for the older Rossi Bandit X. IIRC those skis were great in the bumps, but usable all over the hill. Have him build you these:

Product_111570.jpg

from first hand experience, yes they are great in the bumps and more than capable all over the rest of the mountain. I'm kicking myself for not buying a spare pair for when my current ones are dead. great ski

wa-loaf

from first hand experience, yes they are great in the bumps and more than capable all over the rest of the mountain. I'm kicking myself for not buying a spare pair for when my current ones are dead. great ski

I think I see a tie dyed ski in Deadheads future . . . :razz:

eatskisleep

I'd consider getting a pair... anyone wanna post links to similar small ski companies?

Beetlenut

+1 Just the dimensions I want for the trees and crud, but still be able to enjoy groomers on the way to getting there. I'm concerned on how the tips and tails will hold up with the steel edge not wrapping them?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I think I see a tie dyed ski in Deadheads future . . . :razz:

one would think so, but surprisingly, I've never really been a fan of tie dye. I own one that was given as a gift from my future sister in law two years ago and I think I've worn it once. Maybe I'll bust it out at Sugarbush on Sunday ;)

Edd

That sounds like one hell of a tight turn radius for a 100mm ski. Are there any mainstream models that approach those dimensions?

Beetlenut

That sounds like one hell of a tight turn radius for a 100mm ski. Are there any mainstream models that approach those dimensions?

I think the Line Prophet 100 is close. Maybe 14m radius. I was interested in those too. Maybe Terry can comment as I believe he picked-up a pair this year.

Edd

I think the Line Prophet 100 is close. Maybe 14m radius. I was interested in those too. Maybe Terry can comment as I believe he picked-up a pair this year.

Just checked. 17.2 at a length of 179. I wonder if something as tight as drjeff is describing might be hooky in pow.

Beetlenut

Just checked. 17.2 at a length of 179. I wonder if something as tight as drjeff is describing might be hooky in pow.

I skied a Salomon Xwing Tornado with a 12.9m turn radius this year and they were fine in powder. Had to detune the tails and tips though.

Specs for other lengths of the Prophet:
15.4m at 165, 16.6m at 172, 17.2m at 179

drjeff

Not sure if there's anything in a 100 under foot at the 13/14m radius range. My Atomic B5 Metrons are a 13.2 radius and mid 70's underfoot, I just want something WIDE underfoot that can still turn tight EASTERN trees. Plus I figure based on the geometry of my B5's, to get that 13/14m radius with 100 underfoot, those tips are going to be in the 150+ range :) Now we're talking!